Other than replacing a broken TV, what will be the driving force to purchase a TV in 10 years? What upcoming technologies will get people to actually want a new TV? It feels like we are about to hit a point of diminishing returns so I am curious what people think.
- ~30 years ago, the only real consideration was size. You wanted to upgrade to a 35” CRT.
- ~20 years ago, there was 480p.
- ~15 years ago, we wanted HD, thin TVs and Plasma.
- ~10 years ago, there was 3D, then 4K and then 4k HDR.
- Today, some of us want 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision/120Hz.