AVS Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
All depends on where you are. I've done unlimited unthrottled mobile in China and India for much, much cheaper than the USA.
Everyone in the states could get internet for a fraction if we provided it as a utility

We have heavily subsidized monopolies with land lines

We may have subsidized cell phone towers idk, but at least we did it in a way it didn't create monopolies. If you're going to do that as a state you need to take away profit...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Heck-I use dsl and I'm limited to a 40 mbs download speed (more like 35 mbs) and 1 gig fiber? Ha ha, what a joke! Trying to run fiber cables in an old condo complex would be a bloody nightmare and 1 gig on cable from Crapcast would be absurdly expensive.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Maybe after 16K (even though 4K is good enough) the resolution war will slow down.
Then we will be looking at flexible screens that will roll out and we will have video walls that can use the space however want... Eventually having all walls with screens so can change home decor instantly and have video that follows you around the house so that you won't need an entertainment room, it'll just be everywhere. This will be coupled with sonic projection audio so that you only hear what you want and others hear what they want.
Then eventually holographic technology.

That's if we don't blow ourselves back to hunter/ gatherer days .

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you look at Uncharted 1/2/3 on the PS3 and look at a game today the leap isn't that great as it was from ps1 to ps2 or ps2 to ps3.
I 100% disagree with that statement. For example, God of War on PS4 looks far better than Uncharted 1-3 on the PS3. The Demons Souls remake on PS5 also looks far better than any game on the PS4.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
5600. I think I'd rather go on family vacation to spend that on a TV.
I'm sure many would feel that way but I'm not talking about spending all of your stimulus check. A grand would allow for a substantial upgrade for many people.
5600. I think I'd rather go on family vacation to spend that on a TV.
A few will be getting that much but many will be getting at least half that much. For the majority $800-1,000 would represent a big upgrade to their existing TV. Many don't even have smart TV's.

·
Registered
696 Posts
In 10 years a good 55 inch TV will be $100 and enthusiasts will be buying wireless 100 inch TVs that hang up as easily as a picture frame. Everything will be wireless and run by your phone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heck-I use dsl and I'm limited to a 40 mbs download speed (more like 35 mbs) and 1 gig fiber? Ha ha, what a joke! Trying to run fiber cables in an old condo complex would be a bloody nightmare and 1 gig on cable from Crapcast would be absurdly expensive.
comcast has been extremely solid and reliable for me. my speeds are higher than what i pay for. what i find interesting is 1GB is 99, but 2GB is 299.99

61 - 69 of 69 Posts