Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people,
I've purchased a tab tensioned screen from Elite Screens and it has some waves. I've contacted to them and they said that
Regarding the flatness, please let the screen in opened position a few days (or nights) and proceed to the adjustment of the tab tension system.
When the light comes from the side (like the pictures you made), the flatness is never perfect.
Important is during the projection.
Please Take a look on the pictures and let me know if the seller is right about his remarks.

EliteScreens Saker Tab Tension EU
The Saker Tab-Tension Series includes a tab-tension system to maintain flatness all across the projection screen.
Yet they cannot deliver flatness in day 0.

This is not my first screen and even my cheaper screen didn't have any waves. And I know that these small waves become larger waves after 2-3 years when the warranty expired, right?
Back of the screen is neither full black, there are some empty spots which looks brighter in the front.
So does this product really worth to pay 1029€ full price? Basically what they say is, it is not perfect, faulty but you cannot realise it in 4m viewing distance, so live with it?

Btw this is the second screen that they have send, first one had similar issues as well.

·
Registered
RX3070 7.1,Epson 5040,SilverTicket 120" 2.35.1 woven,CAP4000x1,CAP1400x2,MT-110X7
225 Posts
It doesn't look stretched evenly or tight enough.
If it is spring tensioned use all the extra springs and start in the middle and work your way out.
These spots indicate uneven spring tension.
Your going to have to make adjustments as the material gets settled in.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it looks like much better but sides look like crawled/bent to backwards. Lets see what will happen this week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts