Votes: 3 1.9%
  • No, I won't be going to CEDIA this year

Votes: 100 63.7%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As many of you know, the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA) Expo is an annual confab dedicated to custom installation of home theaters and other home-based electronic systems. This year, it's being held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, CO, September 25-28. Are you planning to attend?

For more info about CEDIA Expo and to register, click here .

If you are going to be there, AVS is working on a couple of events you should know about. First, we're planning a party on Friday evening, Sept. 27, from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at [email protected]'s, 500 16th St, #320, Denver, CO 80202; click here for the venue's website . Also, we're thinking about organizing a group tour through the exhibit hall for AVS members who would like to visit some home-theater manufacturers.

In addition to voting in the poll, please leave a comment about which companies you'd most like to visit on a booth tour.

UPDATE: Because of scheduling conflicts, we've had to cancel the booth tour. However, the party is still on, and we expect it to be a blast, so please join us!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sure wish I could go and check that out.. but CES in Vegas is where I'd really like to be at

·
Registered
630 Posts
biliam, CEDIA is closed to the public. That being said, if you can go with an industry company, or "create your own" company, you can get in.

I'm glad to see CEDIA is finally back in my favorite location. Looking forward to it. Will be doing the AVS party as always, and I might check out this tour to see what the idea is all about.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnovhu  /t/1472174/are-you-going-to-cedia-2013#post_23314932

yes.. will there... at first time..

some suggestions

Party

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dotur  /t/1472174/are-you-going-to-cedia-2013#post_23313683

biliam, CEDIA is closed to the public. That being said, if you can go with an industry company, or "create your own" company, you can get in.

I'm glad to see CEDIA is finally back in my favorite location. Looking forward to it. Will be doing the AVS party as always, and I might check out this tour to see what the idea is all about.

Hmmm... well, anyone got any good ideas on how to sneak in?

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
There is no prize for registering early. Cedia exhibitors and Cedia members basically can issue free show passes to anyone they wish. So stop worrying. You will be able to get all the free show passes you want later this summer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies if this strays too far from the original topic, but I'm planning on attending CEDIA for the first time this year. I've been going to CES for about 10 years and have figured out when (for me) is the best time to arrive/depart. Can any of the CEDIA regulars advise on what days they attend?

I'm only planning on doing the exhibit floor, not the conferences (maybe next time). I know that at CES for example the normal schedule is Tuesday 10 am through Friday 4 pm but by Friday mid-day a lot of the exhibitors are packing up so I generally fly out that day. And I usually arrive late Monday night, missing the keynote but avoiding an extra day away from home.

With the CEDIA tradeshow open from Thursday 9 am to Saturday 5pm does anyone have suggestions as to when is best to attend? If I were limited to two days, for example, would Thu/Fri be the logical choice? Is Saturday (like day 4 of CES) not much worth the effort?

Sorry for the noobie question but grateful for any insights. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.