AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the new season of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader started, it was in HD. The last few weeks it has been back in SD. Why would a show that had gone HD go back to SD? I realize that many shows go into reruns during the Christmas holidays, but the Christmas season is now past. Is 5th Grader going to go back to HD, or will it be SD the rest of this season?

·
Registered
366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawk /forum/post/15582796

When the new season of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader started, it was in HD. The last few weeks it has been back in SD. Why would a show that had gone HD go back to SD? I realize that many shows go into reruns during the Christmas holidays, but the Christmas season is now past. Is 5th Grader going to go back to HD, or will it be SD the rest of this season?

It was never in HD; it was in SD widescreen upconverted to 720p this season just like "Don't Forget...", "Kitchen Nightmares", and both Saturday late night shows.

Either that was a rerun from last season or there was a issue with your local FOX affiliate?

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
I never hear of this show (I'd never be caught dead watching a show with that title), so I thought the thread title was:

Are you smarter than a 5th grader back in South Dakota.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
If you think this show being back is bad, I saw "Hole In The Wall" on the schedule for 7pm tomorrow night on FOX. I thought that piece of excrement was canceled early in this season. I remember it in September then it vanished.

Thank god "HITW" is NOT HD!!!

·
Registered
19,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg /forum/post/15583333

Thank god "HITW" is NOT HD!!!

Just because it's in HD doesn't mean you have to watch it.

Once the changeover happens, more and more programs will become HD so it will be no big deal. We're pretty much at that point anyways.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
"Hole in the Wall" is funny in Japan, because it's about people embarrassing themselves, which is a key part of their society.

Here, it's just a sorry sham of itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.