AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the football lovers out there, I got this from HDTV Magazine. Too bad our OKC Arena team got cut. There are plans for us to come back next year.

HDNET AND ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE ANNOUNCE 2002 SCHEDULE OF LIVE GAME BROADCASTS IN HIGH DEFINITION TV

NEW YORK and DALLAS -- May 23, 2002 -- HDNet and the Arena Football League announced an agreement to broadcast live high-definition coverage of AFL games during the second half of the 2002 regular season. AFL action on HDNet's channel 199 on DIRECTV begins on June 1 when the Los Angeles Avengers host the Dallas Desperados at 10:30 p.m. ET.

"We are excited to be partnering with HDNet in broadcasting AFL games this year as we continue to provide our fans with the most optimal football experiences available," said AFL Commissioner David Baker. "Avid and casual AFL fans will love the presentation on HDNet because it provides a view of nearly the entire field on every play and will help bring the in-arena experience into the viewer's home."

"Once viewers see an Arena Football League game with the crystal-clear picture quality and widescreen format of HDTV, they will be hooked on AFL in HD," said Mark Cuban, co-founder and president of HDNet. "HDNet is committed to providing HDTV viewers with a wide variety of sports, news and entertainment programming, and the hard-hitting action of the AFL is a great addition to our broadcast schedule."

The HDTV broadcasts will be produced in 1080i HD format using HDNet's mobile production units, cameras, and crew. The following schedule lists the live 2002 AFL game broadcasts on HDNet (all times are Eastern and are subject to change). A complete schedule of programming, including rebroadcasts of these games, is available at www.hd.net.

Date Game Time (ET)

Sat., June 1 Dallas at Los Angeles 10:30 p.m.

Sat., June 8 San Jose at Los Angeles 10:30 p.m.

Fri., June 14 Georgia at Carolina 7:30 p.m.

Sat., June 29 San Jose at Dallas 8:30 p.m.

Sat., July 6 Detroit at Dallas 8:30 p.m.

Sat., July 20 Buffalo at Los Angeles 10:30 p.m.

About Arena Football League

The Arena Football League consists of 23 teams (16 active for 2002 season), including eight in the 10 largest U.S. media markets. An additional seven expansion teams have already been approved to begin to play over the next three years. The AFL and NBC Sports have reached a network broadcast agreement to begin February 2, 2003.

Current AFL ownership includes: Jerry Jones, Jerry Jones Jr., and Stephen Jones, Dallas Desperados (NFL's Dallas Cowboys ownership); William Ford Jr., Detroit Fury (NFL's Detroit Lions); K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr., Nashville Kats (NFL's Tennessee Titans); Tom Benson New Orleans Voodoo (NFL's New Orleans Saints); Jerry Colangelo, Arizona Rattlers, (NBA's Phoenix Suns and MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks); Dan DeVos, Grand Rapids Rampage (NBA's Orlando Magic); Charles Wang, New York Dragons (NHL's New York Islanders); Rogers Communications, Toronto Phantoms (ownership, MLB's Toronto Blue Jays).

Additionally, four other NFL owners have applied or been approved for ownership of future AFL expansion teams, including Denver Broncos' Pat Bowlen, Washington Redskins' Daniel Snyder, Jacksonville Jaguars' Wayne Weaver, and San Francisco 49ers' Denise DeBartolo York.

About HDNet

HDNet, ( www.hd.net ), the leader in high definition broadcasting, produces and televises more hours of HDTV programming each week than any other network. Available on DIRECTV channel 199, HDNet broadcasts a full schedule of sports, entertainment and news programming. Featured programming includes live Major League Baseball and National Hockey League games, NBC?s HDTV coverage of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games, and the first-ever HDTV war-zone reports. HDNet reaches an audience in excess of one million people watching on HDTVs in homes, sports bars and more than 1000 consumer electronics retailers. Co-founded by Mark Cuban and General Manager Philip Garvin, the company has offices and facilities in Dallas, Texas and Denver, Colorado. HDNet is available at no extra charge to all DIRECTV customers with an HDTV set, receiver, and elliptical dish.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
:D :D :D

Where are my Rattlers?:(

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks for the update and I guess we'll just tell everybody not to subscribe to HD Magazine, cause you'll rip em off and let us know here. Can we count on all Dale's material to be posted by you here??

It's one thing to capsulate a new flash, it another to clip the article.:mad: This stuff really pisses me off, as you can tell. This man is bustin his nuts to further HDTV, people should send in the fee, not read it on our forum for free......or let Ken post it as he has a relationship with Dale!!

And you wonder why the studios are sticking us with DVI...

·
Registered
92 Posts
ripster,

What was posted was a joint press release by the Arena Football League and HD.Net and had nothing to do with any HD Magazine. HiDef didn't rip anyone off. In fact, you owe him an apology.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
For the record, HDTV Magazine was NOT the first to release the story on the Arena Football League being carried on HDNet. I picked it up off of the Business Wire an hour before Dale Cripps released it. Here are the two message headers....

----------------
FROM HDTV MAGAZINE

Subject: HDTV Mag-HDTV Magazine - XTRA May 23, 2002

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:20:55 -0700

-----------------
FROM BUSINESS WIRE

BW0162 MAY 23,2002 8:35 PACIFIC 11:35 EASTERN

( SW)(NY-AFL/HD-TV-GAMES) HDNet And Arena Football League Announce 2002 Schedule of Live Game Broadcasts in High Definition TV

Sports Editors

NEW YORK & DALLAS--(BW SportsWire)--May 23, 2002--HDNet and the Arena Football League announced an agreement to broadcast live high-definition coverage of AFL games during the second half of the 2002 regular season. AFL action on HDNet's channel 199 on DIRECTV begins on June 1 when the Los Angeles Avengers host the Dallas Desperados at 10:30 p.m. ET.

---------

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
HiDefSooner,

My sister lives in OKC and she liked going to the games. That too bad about losing your team. Do you know if Tulsa still has a team?? I say still, but I guess I had heard they had a team and Coffeyville Community College football coach Skip Foster was going down there to be a coach.

BTW. I went to CCC(Coffeyville Comedy College, easiest community college in Kansas)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by timmy1376
HiDefSooner,

My sister lives in OKC and she liked going to the games. That too bad about losing your team. Do you know if Tulsa still has a team??

I don't know if Tulsa has an arena football team or not. The reason why we lost our team is because they did not have any big time money behind the team. That apparently has changed somewhat an investor from Texas of all places, has taken an interest in the team. We were turned down by Arena 2 because they knew we would get an arena 1 team next year they didn't want to compete with that. It amazed me that they could not find a person in OKC with deep pockets to get behind the arena 1 team we had.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ripster
Thanks for the update and I guess we'll just tell everybody not to subscribe to HD Magazine, cause you'll rip em off and let us know here. Can we count on all Dale's material to be posted by you here??

It's one thing to capsulate a new flash, it another to clip the article.:mad: This stuff really pisses me off, as you can tell. This man is bustin his nuts to further HDTV, people should send in the fee, not read it on our forum for free......or let Ken post it as he has a relationship with Dale!!

And you wonder why the studios are sticking us with DVI...
A press release is a press release. I was just letting everyone know where I got the press release from. Now if it was content that Dale wrote himself and I posted that on here, then yes that would not be right. No harm to Dale was ever intented at all. :D

I am just happy to get some kind of football in HD but I would be more happy if I could see my Sooners in HD!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I didn't mean to go off at Hidefdave, but he quoted his source as HDTV mag and copied the release. It's one thing to mention the story, but I don't think it is right to copy verbatim.....

My point was more the overview, as this type of activity should not be acceptable at the AVS forum. Many of us earn our livings by products that are easily stolen, no matter how small or harmless it may seem.

I noticed Ken shut down that idoit from Toronto, who suggested selling HDTV programs illegally. So nothin personal hidefdave.....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Alright... Buffalo on the schedule.

Anyone watch the game Saturday? What did ya think? Looked pretty decent from my view...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.