423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one were looking for a high qaulity 5.1 receiver with

At least HDMI 1.2- 1 output 2 inputs

Lossless uncompressed audio

Some type of auto EQ system.

at least 90-100 watts per chnl.

Where would one look?

I understand everyone in the world except me is using a 7.1 setup in their home but i'm not and don't expect to so why do I want to pay extra for 2 channels that I'm not going to use.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dan.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I don't think every 7.1 receiver allows you to use the amps that way (biamp.) I am also not sure what you would gain, because all amps share the same power supply.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
^ ...and in many cases will include Dolby PLIIx, which if you can squeeze 7.1 speakers into a room, will make for a fairly convincing derived surround effect from 2 channel sources (if you like that sort of thing).

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
They all come in the 7.1 flavor and you will notice on reviews that show their measurements the good ones meet or beat their advertised power rating on 5.1

but never on 7.1 besides you could always use the powered zone 2 stereo that some

offer for outside speakers or another room.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech /forum/post/14273579

They all come in the 7.1 flavor and you will notice on reviews that show their measurements the good ones meet or beat their advertised power rating on 5.1

but never on 7.1 besides you could always use the powered zone 2 stereo that some

offer for outside speakers or another room.

Alright, Thanks guys!

·
Registered
624 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts