AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Major monkeywrench. I can swear I had seen longer DVI cables offered, but now I see that 15' is really the limit of the DVI spec. I'm planning on mounting my HS10 on the ceiling which is about 12' back from the screen, the equipment closet is to the right of the screen. That means my run to the projector is going to be a little longer than 15'! I can scramble everything and put either all of my equipment, or just my HTPC in a nook in the the rear of the room, but that adds noise in the theater.

My speaker cables are already run from the surrounds to the equipment closet, and most of the drywall is up, but I think I could work around that if necessary. to put all the equipment in the back.

Considering the HTPC is probably the loudest piece of equipment anyway, should I just move it all, or just run a coax to my receiver for the digital audio out?

Follow this link to my layout:

( http://home.nycap.rr.com/ameres/images/plan3.jpg )

Unfortunately it's a version without the equipment closet drawn in, but if you can use your imagination, it is to the right of the screen, opening away from the screen, with the geometry matching the jog in corner of the left side of the screen.

Any advice is appreciated!!!!!

Eric.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a few extra feet. These types of specs are always very conservative. Get/make a longer cable and try it out. If the cable doesn't run close to potential sources of interference you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
27,211 Posts
That price at Digital Connection seems too cheap. I wouldn't chance it there. It could be a wire formed off long strand of stretched doo doo with a less than fragrant DVI connector.

Since your whole set up depends on the configuration you spec.'d, go with the Better cables DVI. BEtter safe tahn sorry and in the whole scheme of HT cost, it is peanuts. I just odered one myself.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I have a 25 foot DVI cable for my DWIN and it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.