AVS Forum banner

561 - 580 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I thought maybe the 2.40 firmware might address it, but none of the links I can find are working anymore. I thought it would be worth a try to ask here to see if anyone has a copy they could upload.
Somewhere... on a hard drive I pulled from a laptop before sending it to the recyclers. These days I consider myself lucky if I can find family photos... so many external HD's and thumb drives preserving precious memories and "crucial" software "just in case" I might need it someday (Honey, where is the driver for that printer they stopped making in 1999?").

Here's hoping someone can post something for you. I got good use out of my Argosy for many years, but to be honest, it's been unplugged for the last two.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Folks,
I've had a Viewsonic vmp71 for a while. Upgraded to Argosy hv335t v2.3 firmware. Have a 500g wd5000aaks and the drive is a little noisy.
But it won't recognize my new 1tb wd10eurx. Must be some new things in the firmware, I understand v2.37 is out.
Can someone please assist me in finding and updating the firmware? TIA. Scott.
Here's what I have for firmware upgrade instructions:
http://www.megafileupload.com/au0s/HV335T_Firmware_update_EN_v1.0.pdf

And 2.37:
http://www.megafileupload.com/au0u/HV335T_Flash_D2.37.zip

·
Registered
2 Posts
HV335T Firmware 2.40?

Do you happen to still have firmware version 2.40 for the HV335T? Looks like that was the last version and I've been unable to find it anywhere. Tried the earlier links you posted but they have expired. Greatly appreciate if you could post the file again.

Thanks!

Damimal

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my HV335T for several years now, and I'm running into problems with certain mkv files playing at 2x speed with no audio. I thought maybe the 2.40 firmware might address it, but none of the links I can find are working anymore. I thought it would be worth a try to ask here to see if anyone has a copy they could upload.
Try searching Google or YouTube for "How to fix .mkv with VFR (playing too fast in hardware mediaplayer)" Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I am sad to say that I had to get rid of my Argosy's. We recently moved from the house that we had lived in for 35 years to a condominium a thousand miles away. The move was arduous and involved numerous truckloads. Lots and lots of "old stuff" had to go in the process. We did not have the capacity to move everything nor do we have the space now to keep everything.

Several reliable and faithful desktop computers as well as numerous high quality speaker systems and serviceable accessories had to go. I gave away dozens of spindles of blank DVD's, literally tons of cables and cabling, much furniture and lots of clothing were given away or donated to charity. Many tough choices had to be made, and all though at one time I used the Argosy 335's often (I had three of them, each with a 1TB WD drive), in the end they were just too heavy, took too much space and required too much cabling to operate. These days what I can't stream I have on thumb drives that nowadays plug directly into today's AVR's.

Rest in peace Argosy. You served me well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for Argosy HV335T D2.4 firmware, any known updates?
It's old player but still using it, matching 4k players with HDD are around $200-300, can't afford it yet :)

561 - 580 of 585 Posts