AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, *I* think there is something wrong with the stereo imagining of her microphone, or mastering/mixing of said, within this song.

It drove me crazy enough to run each side of the song independently through R128 analysis in an attempt to finger it out.

Please someone else tell me that they can hear it too, and that I'm not the only one who notices this? :confused:

You see... I'm hypersensitive to stereoscopic imbalances. (If you've seen my speaker placement and room, you'd know what I'm referring to.)

I've tested my ears within the last 8 months and they are at Level 14-34 on the Harman Trained Listener app for stereoscopic-imbalance detection; I'm not lying or making this up.

I think it might be the white noise and artificially processed echo enhancement they are injecting into the main chorus sections of the song.

When I play the left or right side in mono out both speakers it's perfectly fine; and even when I play some lo-fi music like "Boom Boom Pow" etc it sounds perfectly fine, so I doubt it's system either.
(I suppose there is a "possibility" that there is some combfiltering issue in my room/speakers that this song is bringing out when play in stereo...)

I don't know anymore... HELP LOL! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I listened, I think.
Thank god, I thought my speakers and ears were broken. hehe! :p

Yes absolutely no dynamic range, it's just pure loudness-supreme.

The dude's voice is 100% autotune that's for sure, it's plain as day.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ariana Grande - Love Me Harder
... imagining of her microphone...

...It drove me crazy ..... in an attempt to finger it out....
...I'm not the only one who notices this? :confused:

... I'm hypersensitive...

...I'm not lying or making this up....

I don't know anymore... HELP LOL! :D

Perhaps there is something psychoacoustic happening here! Where is your mind at?!?:D
Context is everything.

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Does the audio quality really matter when you look like this...

She is quite a good looking little poppet, but why would you torture yourself listening to her sing that crap?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
She is quite a good looking little poppet, but why would you torture yourself listening to her sing that crap?
It's a variation of the old 'put a bag over her head', but in this case you stick cotton in your ears. Could be worse, though, Miley Cyrus looks like Olive Oyl and sounds like Popeye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.