AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for an RPG I have to recommend Arkadia Warriors on Xbox Live Arcade. WOW. This game is sooo impressive for an arcade game. You can download a free trial (lets you only play as the warrior). Full version gives you the archer and sorceress. The graphics, for an arcade game, are very impressive. The game reminds me of Bladur's Gate on the 360. Its slightly cartoonish at times (cut scenes) but you have a full inventory, new items, potions, spells, levelling up. Full control (not linear) large dungeouns to freely explore. Chests to open, almost everything laying around is destructable. Can't say enough positive things about this arcade game. Rather impressed with it. One of the best looking arcade games I have seen and its a true RPG. It also lets you play co-op campaign on the same xbox!!!

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
You serious? My buddy downloaded this and we played it for a good long time and I think this game is borderline lame. The animations are stiff, the attack, particularly the summoned beasts are cheesy and repetitive. I played my share of Baldurs gate and D & D Heroes on xbox and this game isn't even in the same league. My understanding is the reviews for it have said as much as well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I thought it was pretty good, especially co-op with a friend. It was like an arcade version of Baldur's Gate or Champions or Norrath. I liked the fast pace, and how the enemy lock-on made it easy to aim. I wish there were some outdoor levels, as every level is too dark and similar. It's also fairly short, hopefully an expansion or sequel is in the works.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
My wife and I enjoyed playing co-op together.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/12927652

You serious? My buddy downloaded this and we played it for a good long time and I think this game is borderline lame. The animations are stiff, the attack, particularly the summoned beasts are cheesy and repetitive. I played my share of Baldurs gate and D & D Heroes on xbox and this game isn't even in the same league. My understanding is the reviews for it have said as much as well.

It is an arcade game. What did you expect out of an arcade game? Assassin creed graphics or something? It can't be Baldur's Gate as it is not a $60 game, it is like Baldur's gate (i.e. leveling up, items, chests, co-op, etc.) Its an excellent game for an arcade and one of the better looking ones out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I enjoyed it well enough to spend the time to unlock all of the achievements. Reminds me of a simplified Diablo clone (minus the point and click interface) as the dungeons are somewhat random. Overall, a fun game.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I played this with my son and we had a blast with it. Yes, it is a very simple action rpg'ish game and the graphics aren't that great compared to $60 games today. Yet we spent a great deal of time playing and got our moneys worth and then some.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I was afraid to admit liking it, but nice to hear I have company.

Oh, a serious gamer could tear this apart, but I don't care. To me it's a cute, charming "baby dungeon hack" -- sort of Champions of Noraath meets Lego Star Wars.

One of those games I really shouldn't like, but ah heck... I dig it.

The 360 and PS3 needs more dungeon crawls/hacks!!!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ /forum/post/12942361

The 360 and PS3 needs more dungeon crawls/hacks!!!

Check out Kingdom Under Fire

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
It is a very good, though shallow, RPG. It fits the bill perfectly for an XBLA game -- this is exactly what they are supposed to be!

When I get time, I will definately buy it....I might even be able to convince my wife to co-op it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts