AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are precious few directors more maligned on the Internet than Michael Bay, but I don't really care, I've never been ashamed of saying I'm a huge fan of his. Sure, he's completely dropped in quality, even in terms of stupid fun movies, in the past few years (I didn't care for The Island or Transformers one bit) but he has done some pretty damn entertaining flicks in the past.

Most of all I'd say is Armageddon, and darn it all if that on Blu Ray would be one HELL of a presentation. Along with the Bad Boy flicks, Armageddon would more than likely prove to be one of the best Blu Rays out there.

Any idea of when this could happen? Hopefully it'd be the Criterion Edition, of course, but I'll take it either way, I suppose.

A Director's Cut of Pearl Harbor would be swell, too. (Yeah, I liked that one as well. Meh!)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Earlier in Blu-rays life, insiders mentioned that Armageddon's print or something was damaged in a fire, so some restoration or going back to the original negatives or whatever would be necessary. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the general message was "don't hold your breath, it could be a little while before the necessary work is completed." A European release is rumored for 2009, however, so if that info is correct it could mean that the work has been done and the title is on the way.

As for what version - definitely don't expect the Criterion. I'm not sure how Criterion got a hold of this one in the first place, but their right to distribute has long been gone. In general, most high profile titles will be released by their original producing studio - Criterion releases these days will be almost exclusively low-profile, independent, or foreign films. The best we can hope is that Buena Vista licenses the extras from the Criterion edition, like they did with the BD version of The Rock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.