AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to Les' excellent idea Pronto owners are now off to the Races for discrete power for their NEC LT 150's. On remote central there is a ccf for the vt440/540 remote which is the same remote referred to in the pr50Kit. The power off button (which NEC says you must hold for 2 seconds to get to power down can be bypassed as Les suggested by setting the Power off confirmation to Yes. then selecting the enter key. It works... so once again a great big Thanks to Arrow!!! ( Les ) for his idea...

Milesf>

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Miles,

I've already lost my LT150's remote. You have me thinking that instead of ordering a replacement an alternative would be just to get a Pronto (I've been wanting one anyway).

Since there is no ccf available now for the 150 are you all using your 150 remote to program the Pronto? Or does the VT540 ccf also control the 150?

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert the presentation remote that is described on page 14 of the NEC manual is the same for the VT440/540... so the CCF works (At least the power and enter keys... those are the only ones I have tested on the 150)

Milesf>

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've owned a Pronto for years but have let it sit in its box since I have never had the time to program it. How do you guys combine ccf files?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Black:
I've owned a Pronto for years but have let it sit in its box since I have never had the time to program it. How do you guys combine ccf files?
LOL! My buddy Brian (halljb here on AVS) is the same way but probably too embarrassed to admit it.

Sam

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don, the first thing to do is to have a ccf loaded into your pronto edit, then open the ccf you wish to combine. Pronto edit will ask you if you want to combine or replace the current ccf... just select combine. Volia new devices added...

Milesf>

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smchan:
LOL! My buddy Brian (halljb here on AVS) is the same way but probably too embarrassed to admit it.

Sam
I think Sam has this backwards http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif . I've been using my pronto for almost 2 years, while Sam's is still in it's box (or at least not programmed). Mine is actually showing signs of age...there are areas on the sides of the display that are distorted.

Brian

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bob why not search in that overdimensioned couch of yours for the remote, good bet it is in there somewhere....

ah you just wanted an excuse to buy a Pronto.....

[This message has been edited by Kjelt (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I think you're probably right, Kjelt. I have been needing an excuse to splurge on the Pronto and that probably is why I haven't looked as hard as I might. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I ordered a Pronto last night (and even a new one can you believe it). David Smith was kind enough to provide me this link. No way could I turn down a "43.9% discount" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
http://www.cc-inc.com/pcmall/shop/de...&promo_id=1608

BTW, should anyone need a replacement credit card remote here it is for $37.82
http://www.dmionline.com/federal/view.cfm?ID=7181

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well Robert,

You pushed me over the edge.

I will soon have a pronto in a box, too.

Hopefully I will have time to program it.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
711 Posts
Bob,

I see you already bought one .. but I wasn't interested in selling either. It represents a challenge to me. I'll get to it one of these days... =)

Don

Miles,

When you combine ccf files though, doesn't your on-screen settings (the actual pictures you see on the pronto) get all fubared too? Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don could you be a little more specific I have had my Pronto for a while. Yesterday I took my Base ccf and merged it with the one for the projector from Remotecentral no problems at all... I guess part of the problem is if you are taking part of a complete ccf. What I usually do is strip everything that i dont want out. Save it as another name and merge the new file with my base config...

I hope that helps if not let me know and i'll try and help!

Milesf>

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
846 Posts
Miles, I'm glad that worked out for you. Finish building the entire CCF so I can "borrow" it from you. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif (And throw away that awful LT150 credit card remote).

Don, the pronto just look intimidating. It's really quite easy to program using the pronto software since there are already a ton of configuration files available on remotecentral.com. The hard work has already been done my someone else!

--Les

[This message has been edited by arrow (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bob,

May I suggest getting the charger also, it is on the same page as your link and is $79.00. I have had mine for almost 2 years and still works great. I have heard it eats batteries like crazy. I got my charger with the remote. (Marantz rc5000)

------------------

Patrick Simon

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess it all depends Patrick. I have a ts1004 (Pronto 1000) and I only change batteries once a year... compared to my RC 2000 ( every 6 weeks...)

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
848 Posts
mwan:

How about the fact that shipping is $14 for an item that is currently bid all the way up to $4.25?

-yogaman

--------

"Caveat sucker"

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
When I clicked the link for the battery pack it came up for $59.95, not the $79.95 price that the link itself indicated.

Doug

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.