AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my new utv (about a month old) has been giving me fits. It gets into a mode where the arrows (left, right, up, down) do not function, even on the front panel. However, all the other keys seem to work (home, myshows, ok, scroll up/down - just not arrow keys). I have to power down/up (or go to standby and back up).

Anyone else had this problem?

Is there a reset code that might help?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just unplug it for a few minutes.. see if that fixes it.. been some time since I seen this. I thought it was in version 3.1 sorry forgot the build number.. 10197 perhaps .. you do have 27766 right?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the system has 3.5, I have unplugged (pulled the power plug) it for a few minutes, and it then works for a while, but has come back a few times. This unit also seems to have a pretty sensitive ir sensor, since it also sometimes beeps as though it received a remote signal that is invalid, and sometimes I find it going to channel 2 or 5 w/o me doing anything at all.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Cover the IR sensor with electricians tape and see if you can get it to happen with front buttons.. remove all other remotes in the same room is another thought and the one your using cover when not in use, swap remotes, etc.

Version 3.7 might help, one thing the green light flashes for each remote command received so helps isolate other sources or stuck remote keys, etc.

If you suspect the hardware you might consider getting a replacement.. asap..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Another thing to try is take the batteries out of the remote. Hold down button 1 on the remote for about a minute. Re-insert the batteries.

This apparently clears some squirelly memories from the remote & seems to help.

If the problem keeps recurring, try leaving the utv unplugged overnight.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I once had a remote ,I rarely used, sitting on the coffee table and its batteries were dying. It kept giving out IR signals jamming the IR signals from the remote I was using.... Took me days to figure that one out.

If all else fails, my advice to everyone on this forum is, re download the software (Jenny code) it won't hurt and might fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.