AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an interesting article in a legal publication entitled DTV A Remote Possibility which discussed many of the difficulties with the switch to HDTV. One thing, however, which was left out was perhaps the most troubling issue -- the firewire/copy protection problem. After contacting the reporter who wrote the article, she agreed to publish a letter to the editor from me about the firewire issues. So, hopefully, this will spread the word.

The link for the article is http://www.law.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/Ap...&showsummary=0

It was in the legal times. Also, in my quest to find out the fate of my Loewe Aconda, I made my periodic call to Sensory Science. Most of the time they claim I am the first person to call and inquire about this. This time, the guy hadn't heard about this. When transferred to someone else, he seemed to think that analog connections would still function for quite some time, and that they were not planning any sort of upgrade.

Oh well.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alan, thanks for posting this; very interesting, but as you mention, not quite a complete view.

------------------

"You can't argue with a confident man"

- Napoleon Wilson, Assault on Precinct 13

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true. My letter to the editor focuses on the copy protection issue. Also, I may write an article in the near future on it for the same publication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.