AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, if you have been reading my recent posts, I started out with a E* 6000 dual-dish system and recently added a D* para todos dish to it.

I live in an apartment and (obviously) can't have 3 dishes and an OTA antenna hanging off it, so I gathered information from this forum, a couple of others and a few web sites and took the plunge to convert my para todos system to receive D* on 101 and 119; and E* on 110 and 119, with a separate 18" dish for 61.5.

Getting it all to work correctly was a little tricky and then getting it all mounted to my balcony railing without damaging it was a whole 'nother thing.

So, I have written a couple page article with lots of pictures and close ups to show what is involved and how I got it all installed.

Those of you who are E* customers who are excited about Mark Cuban's HDNet can get themselves a $9 Blockbuster para todos system and modify it once it gets "professionally" installed and activated. Otherwise, you can now get the systems with the oval dishes at Walmart for a little over $100, cash and carry and there appear to be plenty of ovaldish/lnb-only setups on eBay these days, which presumably were stripped out of systems for their HU cards.

The URL for the article is http://www.techweenies.com/dss-1.shtml

Please, if there are any factual errors or anything that is confusing or unclear, I would appreciate knowing about it before I make it a public part of the web site.

Mongo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.