AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there are using one and which make/model is it?

Any difficulties with installation?

I'm thinking of going with the 180degree Peerless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My installation required that I use an articulating mount to pull it in and out for access to terminals for xbox for my son. I chose the peerless blindly and am very happy with it. Comes in a few pieces but is fairly easy to install and is finished off nicely. You should be happy with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also have the Peerless articulating mount, and am happy with it. I put my 503CMX in the corner, between a window and a sliding glass door - the only place I could really put it, based on how we wanted to re-do our living room. The mount attached to one wall, and I have the plasma angled across the corner. Very good use of what would have been wasted space.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LotusGuy, sounds like our setup. Panel has to go in a corner that's 48"x36" with a fireplace and slider on either side. Currently have it setting on a cabnit that is set off angle in the corner. Not the ideal solution, thus the pursuit of the articulating wall mount.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I too have a 503CMX mounted diagonally in a corner. FWIW, I have a Premier PSD-S90 mount .

I mounted it so it could be pushed up flat against one of the walls, but I doubt we will ever do that. We certainly haven't so far. And now there a lot of stuff on the shelf that'd have to be removed first.

Does anyone with an articulating (arm) mount acutally move the screen on a regular basis (scary). Or, once set up, do they just stay in one place, like mine?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey six, that mount actually allows for forward tilt as well? That's a pretty compelling option. Good question about moving the display around too.

Also, does anyone have any pictures of their setup using an articulating arm?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Premier Arm mount does allow vertical tilt; not a lot, but enough for most viewing requirements. The bottom of my plasma is about 4' from the from the floor, When I first installed it, I was able to play with the tilt to get it just right for viewing from our couch (12' away).

Be forwarned, the Premier mount is HEAVY. I cannot imagine one person being able to mount this puppy. (Not that any reasonable person would even think of manhandling an awkward, 80lb., $6000 display, solo.)

You attach a big ... uh ... plate ... the to back of your display (covers about four-fifths of the back). This plate then ... kinda ... hangs on the arm's end-bracket . You then put some screws to keep it from falling off, but you can still slide the plate/plasma left and right once it's on the arm. Weird? Yup.

They also allow for some limited ... um... left-right (clockface?) tilt, so you can get the display perfectly level.

Unless you've done this before, I would definitely plan on reserving a good chunk of time to patiently install this mount. I had my shelf guy securely install the wall bracket. (Remember, measure twice, drill once.) Then the following Saturday it took me and a bud over an hours to hang the thing properly

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, well, I just received the Peerless articulating wall mount for my new 42" Panny. (Ordered them at the same time from the same vendor.) The panel arrived on Wednesday and the arm arrived on Friday. Installed it all on Sunday. It looks like the one listed on their web site. (It's the 180deg swing, forward tilt, level adjustment, etc.) Paid much less than the listed price.

So far, I'm very pleased with the product. It was easy to install and works as advertised.

Only took me and my G/F about 45min start to finish for install, however, it definately requires two people to put the display unit onto the arm.

Since I had the previous plasma setting on top of my component rack, which is about 2-1/2 feet tall, it takes a little getting used to watching it so far off the ground. (Top of the plasma is now ~5'5" from the floor.)

I just need to find some wall mount A/V racking now and run all the cabling in the wall for that "clean" look. Something like this: http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...V0016&catid=52 or this: http://www.electroshops.com/images/w...nts/vogels.jpg

Anyone using this type of wall mount set up for their components? Comments? Suggestions? (FWIW, I only have Receiver, DVD player, Cable STB and center channel to mount)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.