AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Samsung PN58C8000 for a week, and find it very nice, to my unrefined eye. I did see something, though, that I'd like to ask about. It's a series of evenly spaced, horizontal bands in the reflection of the screen. I've enclosed a picture which should show it well enough. The TV is off, and those lines that appear like shadows are not real, they're not there. As you can imagine, they can be visible during some darker scenes.

Is there a name for this? Would I have any hope of getting a replacement which did not exhibit this?

Many thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is those lines visible when the TV is off? It looks like the substrate that prevent reflections has not been applied evenly. Or rather, it is thicker, and evenly spaced. If you follow my thoughts...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I assume there's no point in swapping sets.

I imagine if I put even a little effort into controlling the light, and focus on the picture instead of the reflection, the impact of this phenomenon will be minimal.

Thanks for the quick information.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.