AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing some artifacts around light sources in my movies lately and was wondering what is causing it. I have played with the settings and not seen any improvement. I thought I would post here.

Here is a photo taken using infocus x10 and the Sony BDP 350S blu ray player. The blu-ray player is set for 480p out, so there should not be scaling artifacts. Yes it is a tad out of focus because I did not use a good camera stand, but hopefully you see what I see.

The rings or halo's around the fire are the things I am noticing. I went ahead and set up my old infocus 4805 and did NOT notice these artifacts using it. Any theories as to what is causing it? or is it just me? While I notice them more on DVD's I also notice it a bit on Blu-rays.

Thanks for any help you can give

MB

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In desperation, trying every setting I could find, I pressed the "Brilliant Color" setting. For some reason that removed the concentric rings I see around light sources. I recalibrated the system with brilliant color on and I the picture looks better, although now I am hyper sensitive to looking for artifacts or discoloration that might be the cause of using "Brilliant Color"...

MB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts