AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi 46" mounted caddy corner and a cabinet underneath the tv probably about 3 ft below the tv. Im trying to place speakers (off the floor if possible), either mounted on the side wall or on the tv. For this situation would the Artison speakers be the best fit for me or would a nice sound bar(sitting on the cabinet) be the best option.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm a definate fan of the Artison LCR speakers. It's a nice design and they are built extremely well. They look great and perform just as good. You'll have to order the matching grilles for your size TV separately, though so that they have the right look. The speakers come with a bracket kit that will fit just about any flat panel TV and work with any wall bracket. You also have the option of wiring them for regular stereo 2-channel or a Left, Center, Right configuration to suit your needs.

Definately some nice gear.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Since your cabinet is 3 feet below the TV, I would say so. If you chose a sound bar sitting on the cabinet, the sound would be perceived to come from there, rather than the TV, itself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkshift /forum/post/18223059

Since your cabinet is 3 feet below the TV, I would say so. If you chose a sound bar sitting on the cabinet, the sound would be perceived to come from there, rather than the TV, itself.

So in my case you think a sound bar would work the best? one more question. If I have say 72" or so from one side to other (includin 50" for my cabinet)could I get away with 2 towers and a center channel?

thanks

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
if your tv is wall mounted, you could get a speaker attachment from the mount manufacturer (if one is available) and mount a LCR bar under the tv.

triad makes the mini lcr3.0 which can be matched to your tv's width. i know that chief and omnimount both have speaker attachments for their mounts.

·
Registered
820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msullivan /forum/post/18223130

So in my case you think a sound bar would work the best? one more question. If I have say 72" or so from one side to other (includin 50" for my cabinet)could I get away with 2 towers and a center channel?

thanks

If you prefer something off the floor, I would go with the Artisons over a soundbar. Although there are some nice soundbars out there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the Artisons is there a big difference between the Portraits and the Stealths? I am leaning toward the Stealths just do to money, but if there is a big difference I just might take the jump.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Are you referring to the Sketch? If you can afford it, I usually suggest choosing the upgraded speaker, regardless of manufacturer. Have you ever heard of someone wishing they went with a more basic model and regretting their decision? However, the opposite is usually the case. If you're on a strict budget, the Sketch is still a very nice, solid piece and would be a great performer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes... the Sketch is what I was thinking about. Well my budget is tight but I do know through there web site Artison sells factory refurbs. I can give them a call tomorrow and see what the price difference is. Also do you know anything about there rear surround speakers? Just thinking if they are worth it I might pick up a pair of those also.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkshift /forum/post/18224749

Are you referring to the Sketch? If you can afford it, I usually suggest choosing the upgraded speaker, regardless of manufacturer. Have you ever heard of someone wishing they went with a more basic model and regretting their decision? However, the opposite is usually the case. If you're on a strict budget, the Sketch is still a very nice, solid piece and would be a great performer.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The surrounds are just as nice. If you're budget is already stretched and you want surround sound, I'd say go with the Sketch fronts and the rears. If you can hold off on the rears, and don't mind just having the fronts for now, you could go with the Portraits for now and add on the other pieces later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts