AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good DVD containing slideshows of famous paintings? I looked around and did a few searches but have found nothing. A friend wants one to show on his plasma hanging above the fireplace.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I google for the artist that I'm interested in then find a site with sample jpeg's. I use that image for my wallpaper.

Sorry, I'm not aware of DVD's for art, although it sounds like a good startup company.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't know if this is legal, but most museums (such as the Metropolitan Museum of NY) offer CDs of their painting collections. You can copy the jpegs to your PC hard drive and transfer them to a flash memory or SD card. Even if they use a proprietary reader, you can still do a printscreen and grab the image from the clipboard. You can also scan art books to create jpegs. The Panasonic DMR-E100 or DMR-HS2 will allow you to transfer these into its HDD, and from there you can burn a dvd with the still images. If the Panny is connected to the plasma, you don't need a dvd, as a slide show will play right off the HDD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.