AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Reference Ribbon Monitor (Condition 9.5/10)---Asking $1175

THESE ARE SOLD. Thank you everyone for your inquiries.

I purchased these less than one year ago. They are in near-mint condition. The bottom of speakers have the slightest little blemish from where I had blu-tak to keep them secure to stands. The front of one of the speakers has a tiny scratch in the satin finish, not in the wood. It is below the woofer and is shown in the picture but is not recognizable unless in person and in proper lighting. This is impossible to see unless you're looking hard for it, but just in case I didn't want any surprises. Non-Smoking Home.

These were purchased new from Ascend and were NOT a DIY upgrade kit. I babied these and they were never played even close to levels that would damage the speakers. Everything that came with them is included; gloves, paperwork, badges, grills, original box. I am selling these to fund a dedicated theater consisting of JTR speakers.

I am in the Upstate Greenville SC area and I would strongly prefer local sale so they could be inspected by purchaser. I have a 100% positive ebay account but have never sold on AVS, so If I did ship them I would need to find out the safest method. Any Questions please let me know. Thanks

More pictures can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview...Q4MDROWnJUdmMxVm1Mcmc0SzFVam9jaXc&usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
All I can say is drool. If they were piano black, I would seriously have to hold on to my wallet. Those are the dream speakers for my second set-up, but I need to fini$h the first. I can't imagine they will last long, but great luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can say is drool. If they were piano black, I would seriously have to hold on to my wallet. Those are the dream speakers for my second set-up, but I need to fini$h the first. I can't imagine they will last long, but great luck.
Thanks! They certainly are pretty. My wife freaked out when I told her I was selling them. I had to promise her I'd get new speakers that she would like just as much. I'm now using my HTM-200 SE's (which will also be for sale soon) as my mains to keep me happy till a new system is ready to go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks! They certainly are pretty. My wife freaked out when I told her I was selling them. I had to promise her I'd get new speakers that she would like just as much. I'm now using my HTM-200 SE's (which will also be for sale soon) as my mains to keep me happy till a new system is ready to go.
How are the HTM-200s compared to the sierras? I've owned 170s and I currently own sierra 1s but I've never heard the 200s other than a friend who has them as surrounds mounted on his walls.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are the HTM-200s compared to the sierras? I've owned 170s and I currently own sierra 1s but I've never heard the 200s other than a friend who has them as surrounds mounted on his walls.
Big difference between these speakers. When I hooked the 200's up as my mains I didn't need an A/B comparison to immediately recognize a big difference. I am not good at describing speakers but the RAAL tweeter is much more detailed than the 200's. The tweeter and the solid tight bass on the Sierra really set it apart.

On a side note I have owned a pair of Sierra 1's for short time and I loved them also. A member on Ascends website said he had them both and liked them as different speakers with their own qualities. I don't think either one is better it just comes down to preference. But for the 200's I don't think anyone in a blind audition would choose these over either Sierras.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Big difference between these speakers. When I hooked the 200's up as my mains I didn't need an A/B comparison to immediately recognize a big difference. I am not good at describing speakers but the RAAL tweeter is much more detailed than the 200's. The tweeter and the solid tight bass on the Sierra really set it apart.

On a side note I have owned a pair of Sierra 1's for short time and I loved them also. A member on Ascends website said he had them both and liked them as different speakers with their own qualities. I don't think either one is better it just comes down to preference. But for the 200's I don't think anyone in a blind audition would choose these over either Sierras.
Your response is not at all what I was expecting, I thought you were going to say that they are impressive for their size and price. I do very much agree with what you're saying because I know the sierras are in a whole different class than the 200s. I remember when I bought the sierras and compared them to the 170s (non-se models) and it was a very noticeable difference too, I'm sure it's hard to go back.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your response is not at all what I was expecting, I thought you were going to say that they are impressive for their size and price. I do very much agree with what you're saying because I know the sierras are in a whole different class than the 200s. I remember when I bought the sierras and compared them to the 170s (non-se models) and it was a very noticeable difference too, I'm sure it's hard to go back.

Good luck with the sale.
Yeah again I really don't know how to describe speakers. I'm new to this hobby. My first post was a couple of years ago asking for recommendations for good home theater speakers. I was recommended to check out Sierra-1's. I purchased a pair and returned them to change out finish. Before the second order was placed I heard about the 2's and decided to wait for those. And I'm now selling these to try out a very different kind of speaker. I clearly don't know what I want but am really enjoying listening to as many different kinds of speakers as I can until I find out what's best for me.

Funny thing is my original post was "best home theater under $1500.' After spending a lot of time on AVS I'm now planning one 10 times that amount. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's what you get for spending time here at AVS. It never ends :)

Those are gorgeous, by the way. GLWS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello again,
Don't mean to be a pest, but if these are still for sale I'm ready to discuss a payment method. Have 100% eBay and Audiogon feedback, and more importantly the wifes approval!:rolleyes: Let me know!
Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts