AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone send me the ASCII codes for controlling an Electrohome Marquee 8110 via the RS232 port?

I have done a search and everyone seems to talk about them but nobody says where or what they are. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The better route is to aquire a copy of Marquee librarian which already gives you real time control of the PJ through the PC. Do a search, 'cause I think a link to the software has already been posted.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

My copy of Librarian v1.8 is for downloading parameters to be reloaded if updating software, control board failure, or changing the lithium backup cell; these being times when stored settings are lost. There was a program for ECP control called E-Link, I am not aware of such a program for the Marquee, but then I don't leave the house much anymore either! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not trying to control the Marquee with my computer. I have a remote - the RTI Theater Touch) that can be programmed to emit RS232 ASCII code. I'm just looking for the codes i.e. "on" is sometimes "poweron" oe just "on." There should be a list of ASCII codes for this device somewhere...anywhere?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dertah,

Why do you want to go the RS-232 route? The IR codes for a Marquee are already in the RTI master library, listed as a Vidikron Vision One.

-Gary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay - I found that Univ. of Ill. site as well but it does not seem to be what I am looking for. I know that there must be more codes than the four listed.

Gary - Thanks for the Vidikron tip. I wanted to use RS-232 to avoid running an emitter to the projector. Should I just buy the emitter extender and be done with it then?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I'd like to know where the 232 codes are, if only for future reference if I get a chance to do a CQC driver for one at some point. So if someone has info, definitely post it and I'll file it for future reference.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have a copy of the E-home program to control a marquee. Basically all the functions of a normal remote. There is no source for it though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Guys,

Send me your email address and I will send you a document outlining the BINARY codes for control of the Marquee's. You will have to convert them to ASCII

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.