AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my 9501LC and beginning to enter the land of tweaksville :D . I have read over and over the "defintion" and explaination of ASI and ASR as far as the memory settings go. I just can't comparhend when I should use what and most importantly, HOW DO I SAVE A MEMORY. I have had to re-do my setup three times now (thinking I have saved them each time).

Can someone please explain in a little more straightforward. My mental block is trying me crazy :rolleyes: .

FYI, since I think it is important, I have a single source input into the projector that comes from an EXTRON (4 in / 1 out) box. All of my devices run through the Extron box.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Jay, Whatever input you are currently on has a memory of its own called a source memory. Then there are 80 (I think that's the number) total memory locations you can save to for later recall or use with ASI/ASR.

To copy one memory from another, go to util->source setup->copy setup. Your current input will show as the default source, and for the destination, push the recall button to change from Source memory to Recall memory and enter a position number in which to save it. (you can also save to other source positions even if they don't have an associated input, but you can't recall them with Recall, only by copying back).

Once you have your list of recall memory positions, you can later call them up with the Recall button on the remote, or use them with ASR for closest match lookup.

Does this help?

--Bill

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, I guess my question is, once I get done tweaking, converging, etc. do I need to do something at that point to save what I have just done? Again, I have converged three times, switched sources (from satellite to HTPC) and when I go back, I am not converged anymore.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

We have tried to explain Sources, Recall Memories and Channel Numbers more simply on the E-Tech website here: http://www.etechvideo.com/techarticle4.htm ASR is ill-suited for home use where many things may employ the same scan rates; turn ASR off and go with Channel numbers instead.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim,

Thanks so much for "the different approach" than what is in the manuals. I guess I better search your site a little more :)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.