Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.asio2ks.de/

You can download a control panel applet at the above link that allows the use of ASIO over a kernel streaming soundcard. I have tried it with winamp 2.91, out_asio plugin .40a. It works with the analog outputs of the Revolution. If you set the control panel channel allocation to linear, you can shift the audio out all the 7.1 analog channels on the revo.

I was hoping that this could be used as a workaround of getting ASIO out the SPDIF on the Revo. But so far I have not been able to get the right settings to send audio out the SPDIF and ASIO with this utility.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ASIO doesn't work with Revo on spdif output :(

That is why i prefer use Winamp+Kernel Streaming and Foobar+Kernel Streaming.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
@DM

this looks pretty sweet. It should address the ASIO not working over SPDIF issue with the REVO since it really uses KS to push the data.

I will try this on my Echo Indigo and will report back. The ASIO driver there is pretty weak.

Cheers

Thomas

·
Registered
141 Posts
I tried it with my M-Audio Sonica to no avail...

I was using Foobar2k with the asio output plugin... it just froze whenever i tried to play anything...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just installed this on my laptop with an echo Indigo card. The driver that comes with it only supports 32bit input on the ASIO driver. I could never get this work in MediaCenter even if I selected 32 bit output format but with this driver it now works fine with 16 bits.

Unfortunately it currently supports only 16bits but it is still .99beta only.

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.