AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best 8 way coax splitter for cable tv and my internet? I see on the splitters Charter used they have ohms on them. I have looked on monoprice and newegg and cant find an 8 way splitter. Not sure where else to go thats safe?

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by putputpanorama /forum/post/18126794

2 fours?

Splitting the signal that much, I would think would not be so good for signal.

Then again I really dont know.

Neverthemind

http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/coax-splitters.php

Seems they make up to 16 splits.

16?? really? I thought 8 was alot.

Anyhow hope my GoogleFu helped.

Well I have 5 tvs and my internet. I was going to get a 8 way for the future if needed.

What do people do when they have way more than what im running?

· Registered
259 Posts
I would ask this on the "Home A/V Distribution and Networking" sub-forum. Based on advice I got there I bought a PCT 8 drop amplifier which works great. Also, be aware that if you get something like that you may need to bypass it for your internet connection or the signal may be too strong.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whumpf /forum/post/18127793

I would ask this on the "Home A/V Distribution and Networking" sub-forum. Based on advice I got there I bought a PCT 8 drop amplifier which works great. Also, be aware that if you get something like that you may need to bypass it for your internet connection or the signal may be too strong.

How do you go about bypassing a splitter / booster if you have one MAIN line? The main line comes down..THEN you have to split if off to go to internet and to tv. How do you get around ONE line if you shouldnt use a booster for tv and internet? Hope you understand this question..lol..I needed to draw it out I think..hahah..

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...%29&sku=&mc=05

THIS???

· Registered
4,939 Posts
I have used the 4port version of what you linked for someone that I did an install for and it worked perfectly fine. What you do is split the main line first. One leg goes to your internet connection and then the other leg goes to your booster which will feed your tv's. Keep in mind that sometimes these boosters have an output specifically for you internet connection saving the need to do a split first. Good luck.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/18128388

I have used the 4port version of what you linked for someone that I did an install for and it worked perfectly fine. What you do is split the main line first. One leg goes to your internet connection and then the other leg goes to your booster which will feed your tv's. Keep in mind that sometimes these boosters have an output specifically for you internet connection saving the need to do a split first. Good luck.

does the one I have linked up above your post have the output specifically for my internet? Im looking to not use too many splitters and not spend a ton of money...Thanks a LOT for any help on this.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I bought from this online seller before looking at resellerratings.com. I have since spoken to someone and they assure me our transactions will be just fine. Its on back order but should ship with in the week "I HOPE"
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...%29&sku=&mc=05

I guess I'll see how things go. I will yell back and let you know how it goes.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I canceled my order with SolidSignal.com. They had what I wanted and was supposed to ship within in 4-7 days. I emailed to see how things were going and they said it was on back order until April.

I was like...wHHHAATTttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....So I canceled my order. Yourbroadbandstore doesnt have good ratings either. GOD why cant people just run a good legit business???WHY!!!

DOes anyone know where I can buy my 8 way amplifier splitter from a real store with a good price??? Is there any such place now days?

· Registered
4,939 Posts
Sorry never saw your question up above miki. I cant recall if it has a designated port on that model but with 8 ports I would hope it did. When I bought the one I got for someone else it was from Amazon and it came thru without a problem.

I was gonna link the Amazon one but saw the price you were getting on the other website and thought nevermind. You can go to the PCT website and look up the manual. Should tell you if it has the designated port.

Better yet heres some links, their website is a pain to find.
http://www.pctinternational.com/_pro...ers/8port.html
http://www.pctinternational.com/_pro...rs_200905b.pdf

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/18163096

Sorry never saw your question up above miki. I cant recall if it has a designated port on that model but with 8 ports I would hope it did. When I bought the one I got for someone else it was from Amazon and it came thru without a problem.

I was gonna link the Amazon one but saw the price you were getting on the other website and thought nevermind. You can go to the PCT website and look up the manual. Should tell you if it has the designated port.

Better yet heres some links, their website is a pain to find.
http://www.pctinternational.com/_pro...ers/8port.html
http://www.pctinternational.com/_pro...rs_200905b.pdf

Thanks for the links..Dont laugh at me, but what do you mean by...a "designated port?"

The one I linked and the one you link looks the same? right?? That is what im after. BUT having trouble finding a good site. Really wish bad site stores were prosecuted to the fullest extent.

· Registered
4,939 Posts
By designated port I mean that it specifies where you should connect the coaxil wire that leads to your modem. If you look at the 2nd page of the catalog on the second link, the 8 port booster is indicating a bypass port. Not sure if this is it or not but I'm sure the manual which comes with the booster will give some guidance.

Yes they are the same ones. The one I installed I belive was a 4 port but it might have been an 8 port. Large home with an in law, and cable modem. Everything worked well for about a week until a power surge seemed to have blown the plug/wall adapter. They actually had their cable co. company come and they replaced the wall adapter no problem. Be sure to use a surge suppressor.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This gets me back to my original problem. I need a reliable place to buy one. I have hundreds of views but no real answers? I know here in this forum there are probably a thousand people who have purchased this same thing..

I have looked the internet over and over and only find one real place but still not sure of it cause its not on resellerratings.com..HELLLPP!!..

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSPiRiT /forum/post/18165315

thats right

Ok..I feel we're talking in code here?? I think Im gonna have to find somewhere else to ask this very very tough question of "is there a good online store to purchase the item Im wanting?"

lol..thanks anyways peeps.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00lly /forum/post/18167111

you are paying amazon but its dropped shipped from the reseller. IMO amazon would not use a seller that does not perform so your moneys safe as amazons customer service is top notch.

Thank you so much...Kind of what I thought, but after having to cancel my purchase from one seller and being ripped off online a couple years back or 125$ Im very very nervous these days.

Thanks, guess im gonna give them a try...

· Registered
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson /forum/post/18162770

I need to order this item asap and dont know of a good reliable source. I do a search on Amazon and amazon doesnt sell it but has a store on there that does. Looks reliable but you never know????

Seriously need help here people. I wait patiently...

THIS IS WHAT IM AFTER RIGHT HERE...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

In the Amazon description...see where it says, "...fulfilled by Amazon" ? Click on that link and you will find that this item is sent from Amazon's own warehouse. It's as if it's sold by Amazon. I've ordered stuff fulfilled this way without any problems. Do it. Now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.