AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to watch a 1:1.85 video on my HDTV through my computer. The video is being played through Windows Media Player. When playing, my GeForce2 MX 200 TV Out changes the signal that it sends to the TV. It goes back to just displaying my screen when I'm not playing the video in Windows Media Player. This also happens when playing DVDs using Cyberlink PowerDVD.

When watching said video clip, the video appears in the full area displayed by the TV, stretching the video vertically instead of allowing me to watch it in the correct ratio.

Does anyone know how (using a different video player, other settings I don't yet know about) to play the video in the correct ratio? In both the player and the full screen on my PC display, the ratio is correct. On the HDTV, the video is full left to right, and stretched top to bottom.

Peter

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
What type of file are we talking about here? If its a VOB then you just need to play the VIDEO_TS file that should accompany the vob's. If not then you should follow Cal's suggestion and use zoomplayer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But my problem is when I start something like ZoomPlayer or Windows Media Player, the output turns entirely different. The ONLY thing that is displayed on the screen is the video. It's like the video card (GeForce2 MX 200 TV Out) changes video modes when I start playing a video. I no longer see my mouse, or any on-screen displays or anything. Just the video. When I exit the player, it goes back to showing my screen. How do I disable this "feature?" This is in Windows 2000, using Zoom Player. The aspect stuff changes perfectly (THANK YOU!) in the window, but does NOT in the TV Out mode that my video card changes to when playing video. In fact, my wife is watching a video clip on the TV right now whilest I type this message. Now only if I could display the video clip in its proper aspect ratio while I type messages to you folk!

Peter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using the nVidia controls, I've set my TV Out on my GeForce2 MX 200 to Clone at 720x480, using the tvtool drivers.

I tried using the TVCC tool, but I don't really understand what it does. I haven't yet used the TVTOOL application yet, as I didn't want to install more software than I needed.

Can anyone point me to the documentation for the mode that the nVidia goes into when I use a video player? The only output I get is the video itself, not my screen. When I quit the video application, the screen goes back to displaying what I see on my monitor.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.