AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been reading about aspect ratios lately because I dont like the way MTV is being displayed. After reading, I gather that it may be that my settings are correct, I'm just being sent this size to my tv. Fios box is set to 16:9, vt20 is set to FULL aspect.

I'll attach images of the 3 different sizes I always get on MTV. The worst and most common is the mini screen with black bars on top, bottom, left, right

Any insight on why it's so small?

Btw this is all on MTV. It switches between these 3 all the time

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvingomez /forum/post/19502340

Hi all, been reading about aspect ratios lately because I dont like the way MTV is being displayed. After reading, I gather that it may be that my settings are correct, I'm just being sent this size to my tv. Fios box is set to 16:9, vt20 is set to FULL aspect.

I'll attach images of the 3 different sizes I always get on MTV. The worst and most common is the mini screen with black bars on top, bottom, left, right

Any insight on why it's so small?

Btw this is all on MTV. It switches between these 3 all the time

None of those pictures appear to be out of the ordinary. MTVHD doesn't broadcast a lot of actual HD programming, most of it is standard definition (even though its a HD channel). The one with culinary commercial appears to be correct. The rest is just 4:3 SD and SD letterboxed (MTVHD is notorious for doing this for most of their shows).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. So I'm safe to say that neither my tv or fios box is doing anything funny, that's the native resolution from the broadcaster correct?

Also, maybe I haven't seem enough content, but my buddy that has direct tv MTV does not seem to have anything that is not fullscreen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts