AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a samsung 46c650 lcd tv. I have a question can you help me please?

I have some movies (720p brrip etc). Generally most of them have 2:35:1 and 2:40:1 aspect ratio.

I watch them from samsung usb media play. Now my question is about 2:35:1 and 2.40 aspect ratio movies

There are 2 modes in c650. (Mode1, and Mode2)

In Mode 1 there are 2 bars at top and at bottom

In mode 2 no bar. A wide screen.

SO which one i have to choose for 2:35:1 movies?

and in mode 1 (bars at bottom and top) do they damage lcd tv?

Best Regards

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 /forum/post/20865123

SO which one i have to choose for 2:35:1 movies?

Your TV is 1.78:1, so you don't use any mode except 16:9 and you have to live with the black bars. If you do use the mode that rids the balck bars, you will have geometry distortion.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX /forum/post/20865135

Your TV is 1.78:1, so you don't use any mode except 16:9 and you have to live with the black bars. If you do use the mode that rids the balck bars, you will have geometry distortion.

thank you but doesnt the black bars damage lcd panel?

and when i play movies from the lcd usb, the movies automaticly runs as wide screen format (without black bars)

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 /forum/post/20865223

thank you but doesnt the black bars damage lcd panel?

and when i play movies from the lcd usb, the movies automaticly runs as wide screen format (without black bars)

If it were a brand new Plasma, the black bars could get burnt in. LCDs don't seem to suffer this problem. What should be important to you is geometry. If you want to fill the screen, then you need a player like OPPO that has that zoom feature and you end up chopping the sides.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX /forum/post/20867776

If it were a brand new Plasma, the black bars could get burnt in. LCDs don't seem to suffer this problem. What should be important to you is geometry. If you want to fill the screen, then you need a player like OPPO that has that zoom feature and you end up chopping the sides.

thank you sir but i have a question, do i really need oppo? because my samsungc650 also shows videos in wide screen format. i mean can you give me information about oppos advantage?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 /forum/post/20868043

thank you sir but i have a question, do i really need oppo? because my samsungc650 also shows videos in wide screen format.

When you do this, are you seeing black bars. If no, are you seeing circles or ovals?

The ONLY ways to display a widescreen image at full height on your screen is either to

1. Only run program at 1.78:1

2. Centre crop 2.35:1 and apply zoom to fill the screen

3. Watch the 2.35 program vertically stretched.

The display is simply not wide enough to run true CIH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.