AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual of both projectors it is mentioned that when using the RGB input it is not possible to switch Aspect ratio.

Does this mean that I can't use the Cinema mode anymore?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The manual means that if you use the TRUE RGB format input, such as sending the projector it's native resolution from a HTPC, you cannot use the cinema mode. You would have to make sure your source is sending the image with the correct aspect ratio.

When I say TRUE RGB format, I mean you aren't using the 15pin RGB port to accept a COMPONENT signal. If you are using the port to feed a COMPONENT signal, then you ARE able to use the cinema mode of the projector.

In short, the 15pin port can be used to accept a RGB signal or a COMPONENT signal. RGB = no cinema mode / COMPONENT = yes cinema mode.

Hope that made sense ... it is confusing since the VT540 uses the same port for both formats and I do't believe the manual explains that very well.

-Mike

PS - you may have to pull the non-used pins on the 15 pin connector, in order for the projector to recognize the component input. This depends on the cable you are using.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use RGB input, full panel, which, yes, has no cinema mode, and use the ISCO II to do the cinema stretch. Set the DVD to 16x9, and the image is automatically vertically stretched by the projector, and then horizontally expanded by the ISCO.

Otherwise, use component in (through the RGB port), and you'll have cinema mode available.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

my sister has the 440 and a progressive toshiba dvd player,alan ordered her a cable from nec that allows the

the component from the dvd player to be used. the cable is a 15 pin type however it only has the pins needed for component not all 15 of them, thereby it is not really a 15 pin rgb cable. same size just limited pin wise.

at the other end it has three rca plugs

peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.