AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scientific Atlantica (Explorer 8000HD). I am connecting it to a Pioneer 5070 via a DVI/HDMI. Every time I turn off the box, I have to go into the setup (by pressing Guide & Info at the same time), and re-set up the box. Please see my post here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=769722

So I can fix my problem, except it happens again every time I turn the box off. The customer support told me just to leave the box on. Ugh. Or, hit # on the remote, which does switch ratios, but does not yield the same result if I go through the full setup.

I hope this is the right forum, thank you so much!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try cycling through the tv inputs back to input 5 and see if it changes anything. I sometimes have to do this with a Sony 42A10. I think it may have something to do with the HDMI handshake between the box and the tv set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was experiencing the same problem and I tried changing the settings. It worked for me. You can try this solution too:

1) Press the "Settings" button

2) Press the right arrow to go to "Display"

3) Press the down arrow to go to "Picture Size" which has 3 options "Normal" , "Stretch" and "Zoom". The usual settings are on "Normal" but you can change it to either "Stretch" or "Zoom"

4) Press the "A" button on the remote to save the settings and then "exit"

This should hopefully resolve the issue and not change it back to the previous one.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashz51 /forum/post/9498066

So I can fix my problem, except it happens again every time I turn the box off. The customer support told me just to leave the box on. Ugh. !

You do know that the box is never completely off don't you? So there is really no difference with leaving it on all the time. Other than the annoying display at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.