AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several threads where people discuss aspect ratio. I've also read my manual on the WD5UY and, being a newbie, I'm still confused...

I know the HD200 (trying to find one now...) has several aspect ratio settings, as well as my WD5UY. I know that if I use certain inputs on my WD5UY I will lose some settings on my display. For instance if I use the RGB or the 15 pin connector, I think I will only have 4:3 and Full available.

I currently have my DVD hooked-up using the component inputs. Using these, I still have all of my WD5UY settings including "Justified" mode which I like. Will this change (lose Justify mode) when I hook-up the HD200 and input a 720p or 1080i signal via the component input?

Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
300 Posts
I currently have my DVD hooked-up using the component inputs. Using these, I still have all of my WD5UY settings including "Justified" mode which I like. Will this change (lose Justify mode) when I hook-up the HD200 and input a 720p or 1080i signal via the component input?

Thanks - Bill

Bill,

You will lose the Justify mode on the panny when feeding it a 720p or 1080i signal thru the component inputs. Although the panny will handle 480i via the component inputs and allow you to use the justify mode, the HD200 will not output 480i on its component connection. But fear not. Using the panorama mode (that's what it's called on the Zenith 520 anyway) out of the HD200 will accomplish the same thing. This mode looks just as good, if not better than the justify mode of the panny. Just leave the panny on full mode in this situation.

Chucko

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.