AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During Cebit 2010 AsRock annouced the Core 100HT-BD, a mediacenter based on core i3/i5/i7, with USB 3.0 and a Remote Control with mouse function (gyration style?)

In my opinion this little beast is one of the most exicitng paper htpc i've ever seen.

Here an Image:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is exciting because you can have official support on the entire machine and because many people like me isn't interested in building the htpc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree. My main issues would be:

1. The integrated Core i3 graphics still seem to be having trouble sending out a proper 23.976fps signal, defaulting to 24.000fps instead (should be fixable with drivers).

2. The Ion based Asrocks are reported by some to be a bit noisy, and the Core i3 would presumably be even harder to cool in the same sized enclosure, so getting it quiet enough could be a challenge.

If these things are solved then I might be looking at one instead of building something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's see, i next day i try to post any news abut this little beast. But my problem is: which software blu-ray player is suitable for i3 graphic core?

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
The price is the key. I just finished building a mini-itx core i5 HTPC for $500, so this has to stay in that range

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18254179

The price is the key. I just finished building a mini-itx core i5 HTPC for $500, so this has to stay in that range

Can you please describe your system? I'm also thinking of something like this.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurgeArrest /forum/post/18256704

Can you please describe your system? I'm also thinking of something like this.

I will have my writeup in the next few days but here is what I have:

- Core i5 650 (you could easily replace this with the Core i3 530, I just got a good deal on the 650)

- Zotac H55 mini-itx

- 2GB DDR3 RAM

- 500GB HDD

- Antec 300-150 case (to save about $60 replace with Apex MI-008 case)

·
Registered
74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18256733

I will have my writeup in the next few days but here is what I have:

- Core i5 650 (you could easily replace this with the Core i3 530, I just got a good deal on the 650)

- Zotac H55 mini-itx

- 2GB DDR3 RAM

- 500GB HDD

Did you (or could you) fit an internal BD drive in there?

I, too, am anxious to see the price of this thing.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusloop /forum/post/18256769

Did you (or could you) fit an internal BD drive in there?

I, too, am anxious to see the price of this thing.

The case I have has room for 2 x 2.5" HDDs and a slim rom drive. The Apex fits I think a 3.5" drive and a rom drive.

I do not have a rom drive in mine because I rip all the discs I own to my server and stream

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18256812

The case I have has room for 2 x 2.5" HDDs and a slim rom drive. The Apex fits I think a 3.5" drive and a rom drive.

I do not have a rom drive in mine because I rip all the discs I own to my server and stream

Damian, I in the process of building a media server, just haven't decided on the case yet but already have all the other stuff. I will be using WHS as the operating system and flexraid as parity. You did not say what os you had but do you know if ripping/encoding software that runs on W7 will run on MHS? Please pardon me if this is preceved as trampling on the op. Thanks

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickHD /forum/post/18256993

Damian, I in the process of building a media server, just haven't decided on the case yet but already have all the other stuff. I will be using WHS as the operating system and flexraid as parity. You did not say what os you had but do you know if ripping/encoding software that runs on W7 will run on MHS? Please pardon me if this is preceved as trampling on the op. Thanks

AnyDVD works on WHS. As far as any other software honestly never tested on WHS as I do all this on my desktop PC. I use either handbrake/ripbot if I want to encode or Clown_BD/MKVMerge/Another eac3to GUI if I want 1:1 copies of my Blu Rays with just main movie and hd audio

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18257013

AnyDVD works on WHS. As far as any other software honestly never tested on WHS as I do all this on my desktop PC. I use either handbrake/ripbot if I want to encode or Clown_BD/MKVMerge/Another eac3to GUI if I want 1:1 copies of my Blu Rays with just main movie and hd audio

I reread your previous post and saw I read it wrong. I thought I read that you did not have a rom player on your htpc because you ripped and streamed from your server. My bad. Thanks

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickHD /forum/post/18257377

I reread your previous post and saw I read it wrong. I thought I read that you did not have a rom player on your htpc because you ripped and streamed from your server. My bad. Thanks

No prob. I try to avoid as much as possible installing too much stuff on my WHS

·
Registered
3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/18256733

Probably not a very good replacement, at least until there are lower profile coolers available for LGA-1156 similar to the Silverstone NT07-775.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Have you heard anything new about this product?

When i can get one? Prices? Something else?

I read from this forum:forum.xbmc.org / showthread.php? p = 524652

There will be 3 models:

Core 100: Slimline DVD Burner, No win7 and no remote

Core 100HT: Windows 7 Home Premium + remote

Core 100HT-BD: + Bluray drive

But lightning strike hit the servers and that tread is away now.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
ok, I buy this and now I have a packaged problem instead of a discrete problem. Same ripping problems, same player problems, same driver problems, same HDCP issues, same mysterious stuttering, same WAF barriers.

Until we get mature drivers, players and other parts in the HTPC chain, this will remain a hobby and not a CE device.

What's really missing at this primitive state of HTPCs is software that is capable of checking your hardware and software for issues, report and correct them, and not rely on the owner to suss it out. The program should be used by all media box companies, driver writers, player developers, and everyone else who continuously dogfoods us. Without this validator, we'll always be waiting for next month's patch of a patch of a patch.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts