·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a thread yet...

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
I thought this game was going to be a flop but it's getting fantastic reviews.

·
Registered
488 Posts
footage I have seen looks sick

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got it today...I'll update later

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Popped it in late last night to check out the opening movie. Ended up playing until 5am. So far, a huge surprise (and that's just the single player).

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Yeah, I hear the MP is surprisingly good as well.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Damn, I was kinda hoping it was just multiplayer focused and I would probably skip it until AC3 proper came out. But it looks like it's a full single player campaign, so I'll end up getting it, but probably not for a while. (due to backlog)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I pre-ordered this and am really looking forward to playing it. I thought AC2 was one of the best games I have played on the XBOX. I then bought the first one and hated it, but I am reading the third on is really good.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm about 3 hours in and loving it so far. Very similar to AC2 but with nice little tweaks here and there. Much improved fighting interface.

Nice to see Catarina again.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead /forum/post/19504167

Nice to see Catarina again.

orly?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsou /forum/post/19504162

I pre-ordered this and am really looking forward to playing it. I thought AC2 was one of the best games I have played on the XBOX. I then bought the first one and hated it, but I am reading the third on is really good.

Well, the second one really took concepts from the first and expanded and improved upon them, so I guess it would make sense that you wouldn't like the first after playing the second. Had you played the first first, you might have had a different opinion. Also, how on earth did you follow the plot if you hadn't played the first one. I thought the plot in 2 was confusing enough after having played both, I can't imagine trying to make any sense of it with half the story left out!

On to Brotherhood...As a big fan of the first two, I was disappointed to hear they were adding more characters for you to control because I'm a little concerned about having to micromanage the other assassins in the group. So I'll be keeping a watch on this thread to see what those of you that are playing it have to say in that regard.

·
Registered
270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience /forum/post/19504607

Well, the second one really took concepts from the first and expanded and improved upon them, so I guess it would make sense that you wouldn't like the first after playing the second. Had you played the first first, you might have had a different opinion. Also, how on earth did you follow the plot if you hadn't played the first one. I thought the plot in 2 was confusing enough after having played both, I can't imagine trying to make any sense of it with half the story left out!

On to Brotherhood...As a big fan of the first two, I was disappointed to hear they were adding more characters for you to control because I'm a little concerned about having to micromanage the other assassins in the group. So I'll be keeping a watch on this thread to see what those of you that are playing it have to say in that regard.

I really can't say I completely understood the plot and probably should have played the original first, but I always seem to want to play the latest game. Did the same things with Mass Effect.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience /forum/post/19504607

Well, the second one really took concepts from the first and expanded and improved upon them

Not really. In terms of design, AC2 was a total re-imagining and held onto only a handful of the key concepts from the first IMO.

AC1 is definitely not to everyone's tastes, but it's still my favorite game by far. AC2 was great, also, but not revolutionary and didn't have as strong of a story. However, from what I've played of AC:B so far, it looks like it's taking the best of both of the two prior games and adding multiplayer for good measure. A truly remarkable series!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have to agree with the consensus. I've only gotten a couple hours in and am loving it so far. The cutscene recaps of the previous two games are a good memory refresher, I'm glad they threw those in.

I thought AC1 was really good. AC2 was amazing (probably my favorite 360 game so far). AC:B is shaping up to even surpass that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't really kept up with this game so fill me in. is it a sequal to AC:2 or like an expansion to it? I loved AC:2 but if this game has like a 5hr story and a lame multiplayer, im not interested.

Is it a renter or worth shelling out $60 for it?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownBaby MC /forum/post/19508431

I haven't really kept up with this game so fill me in. is it a sequal to AC:2 or like an expansion to it? I loved AC:2 but if this game has like a 5hr story and a lame multiplayer, im not interested.

Is it a renter or worth shelling out $60 for it?

It's somewhere between a "sequel" and an "expansion." I'd call it a "continuation" of AC2. It picks up right where the last game left off. It expects that you know the story and that you know the (complex) control and combat mechanics.

It's also got plenty of content. Supposedly the singleplayer is just about as long as prior AC games (~20hrs). And it's got a multiplayer component--though the servers have been blasted over the past few days, so I haven't been able to get into a game yet. The beta was a lot of fun though.

My only complaint is that it's pretty buggy (more so than AC2) and the engine only runs smoothly in isolated areas. Most of Rome causes major framerate dips and screen tearing.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Impressed with the game so far...I think this game is going to steal a lot of time out of my life...ohh and there's black ops

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ive been wondering about the multiplayer aspect of this game. It seems to be very different from the norm (which might be a nice thing.) I look forward to real reviews from AVSers about how it works.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm on memory sequence 3... so far having fun stabbing guards and hijacking horses.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts