AVS Forum banner

Assassin's Creed for $29.99 @ Best Buy (sale starts 1/20)

3K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  gom33 
#1 ·
#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/12862192

Well just exchange AC for it elsewhere.

what store would let you just walk in with a copy of a game and no receipt and let you exchange it for another title?

#11 ·
sweet.. i've never shopped at walmart so I'm not familiar with their practices, but I just might have to take advantage of this situation so I can pick up a copy of dmc4 on the cheap

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/12860232

Assassin's Creed is available for $39.99 on PS3 + use the $10 off coupon for PS3 games.

These Prices Start Jan 20th and last through the 26th.

link

$10 off Coupon link (print it out and present to cashier)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Bestbuy-1.jpg

Where did this coupon come from? Was it mailed to BB customers or handed out from within the BB stores or emailed to BB customers?

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychogenicscc /forum/post/12878765

I dont like AC maybe thats why its soo cheap....because it sucks.

Not only are you wrong, but the game actually is one of the strongest sellers of the holiday season (on both PS3 and 360).

This has been discussed before (with respect to CoD4 deals), but the idea is that retailers sell these games at a loss to get foot traffic in the store. Nothing at all to do with how well a game is selling. Or, better said, they do this with games that are selling well in order to ensure that the sales strategy actually works.

#20 ·
I can get Oblivion for $19.99 or Assassin's Creed for $29.99. Any suggestions?

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by muohio /forum/post/12882196

Oblivion is such a great game that you should get it regardless.

Can you summarize the game? I've seen the reviews and gameplay videos but

really don't have a clue what is it about.

#23 ·
Oblivion is a pretty involved game. It is definitely not a game you can finish off in a weekend. There's a lot of detail..... I purchased it (for $60) last year and I bet I haven't put in more than 10 hours total. I just can't seem to get into it. I find myself becoming bored pretty quickly. I guess it's just not for me. (Which is odd because I used to love Ultima III and IV back in the day.)

That being said, I'm sure you know it's received wonderful reviews.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by like.no.other. /forum/post/12882278

I don't know if I could do a good job at summarizing the game. It's a first person RPG that allows you to explore the entire in-game world as you want. You can go town to town doing the many quests, join multiple guilds, do the main quest, search different dungeons, and so on. There are many classes like warrior, caster, archer, and the various combinations.

I spent about 60 hours in the game and had a lot of fun. There are also expansions, but I never got into those as new games came out.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by like.no.other. /forum/post/12882278

It's the closest experience to WoW you'll find off-line.

There are four main quest threads: the main quest and three guild storylines, as well as a huge number of smaller quest threads scattered around the game-world.

I personally prefer its predecessor Morrowind, since Oblivion ended up over-simplifying a lot of gameplay aspects.

I wasn't particularly thorough, but I finished the game at about the 120-hour mark. I think I was closer to 200 on Morrowind.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudson666 /forum/post/12877864

Where did this coupon come from? Was it mailed to BB customers or handed out from within the BB stores or emailed to BB customers?

I received the actual coupon in an issue of GamePro magazine. Not sure if its in stores since I'm a subscriber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.