Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have got some great help from these forums previously and am looking for some again please. I am in the market for a DVD player and am a bit confused. I have searched the net for info (also these forums) and have yet to come to a decision.

To give you an idea of the dollars I am willing to spend, I have been looking at the Pioneer DV440 / 444 and also the panny RP56.

This DVD player will be running on a Loewe Cantus 16:9 television.

Another thing...is there any point in having a progressive scan DVD player if my TV does not support progressive scan??

·
Registered
110 Posts
pagos77,

I would recommend the Panasonic RP56 as a low-cost progressive player. However, Panasonic is coming out with several new players this summer, so I would personally wait for these and compare the features.

As to owning a non-progressive TV, I would recommend a progressive player if you plan to purchase a progressive-capable TV within the next year, otherwise you won't be able to reap its benefits, and players with better/different features may be available next year. In that case, a good interlaced player with features important to you would be a good choice, and probably less expensive.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So to clear things up...

A progressive scan DVD player would have no benefits at all (over an interlaced player) on my 100Hz 16:9 tv??

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pagos77
So to clear things up...

A progressive scan DVD player would have no benefits at all (over an interlaced player) on my 100Hz 16:9 tv??
everything else being equal, that's correct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.