AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vigatec VC1280 being used to scale output from a DVD player (via SDI), some video consoles (via S-Video) and a Sky+ STB (via RGB). I am currently experiencing problems with the RGB signal from the Sky+ box and would like some guidance.

I recently introduced a video distribution amplifier to the Sky+ box to route the signal from the single scart output to multiple rooms (including to the scalar via RGB/component input 4. Since installing this I no longer get an image from Sky+ via the scalar. The DVD and video consoles still function perfectly, but I get nothing via the RGB (input 4).

The display still informs me that there is a 50Hz RGB signal and if I disconnect the scart it correctly tells me there is no signal. This is the same if I connect directly to the Sky+ box (without the Distribution Amp).

I did try connecting via the other component/RGB input (input 5) and that seemed to initially work. I then re-connected to input 4 and that also seemed to work. I then reconnected the Distribution Amp and again saw no picture. I connected to input 5 again, this time with the Dist. Amp inline, but saw no picture. I now cannot get any picture via RGB on input on 4 or 5, with or without the Dist. Amp inline.

I have checked the cable which appears to be fully connected, plus the 1280 does indicate that a signal is being received. This leads me to think that something is up with the VC1280 itself. Is there anything I can check, any fuses or trips that could have blown? Why did I get a picture back (using input 4) the first time I connected the signal to input 5 (without the Dist. Amp).

I have tried turning power off and on, with no effect.

Are there any issues using a Dist. Amp to ensure a full RGB signal when

splitting out the RGB from the Sky+ box for use with the VC1280?

Anybody have any ideas? Any suggestions for things I shoult try or test etc.

All help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.