AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a 4 way multiplexor(2 sat in, 4 receivers out) and am having strange problems such as receiving HBOL(HBO Latin??) on multiple channels via my RCA second generation receiver. The channel arrangement will also change to A101, A102, etc from the normal 101, 102. Also, when I am receiving the proper channels, not all will come in.

Heres a quick background on what got me into this mess. I purchased a Toshiba DST-3000 HDTV receiver and did not want to go the route of the eliptical dish so I purchased a second 18" dish to receive the HDTV signals from Directv. I have the feed from both 18" dishes coming into the multiplexor(RCA D6530) and then out to the 2 receivers. No problems with the DST-3000, just the RCA. The RCA works fine with a direct connection. Any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there a diplexer that will combine two satellite signals instead of an ota antenna and satellite signal? I'm thinking that the diplexer would be better to combine the signals of the two 18" dishes rather than the multiplexor? The multiplexor currently has everything messed up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Check your cable connections from the dishes to the multiswitch. The 101° dish must be connected to the "Sat A" inputs and the 119° dish to the "Sat B" inputs.

------------------

Bill Brenner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.