AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this movie was out 3 weeks on bluray already here in France and the Netherlands, but it flew under my rader.

lucky i bought it 2 days ago and watched it today. i am very pleased with the result. also bluray was cheap as well. only 15 euro for 3D + 2D.

story wise it is incredibe, it is fun for kids, but it is much better for adults. there is a hidden meaning behind the story, that adults will get, but young kids wont. they only see the fun and the battles.

the 3D aint the best , but for a budget that its is much smaller then big movies studios,it does the job well. there are only a few instances were there is some pop. but most of it is just 3D depth. what the movie does do exceptional well, is bringing the spirit out of the comic into the movie. and for me that was the most important.

3D and animation is a bit like the tinkerbell movies. if you enjoy those, you will enjoy this movie as well, specially for those 15 euros.

·
Registered
186 Posts
D3code, do you think this would still be enjoyable to someone who never really got into the Asterix comics? If so I may include this in my next round of imports. I do still have several old videogames based on them though lol (including Commodore Amiga), and enjoyed the TinTin movie despite it's toned-down 3D.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D3code, do you think this would still be enjoyable to someone who never really got into the Asterix comics? If so I may include this in my next round of imports. I do still have several old videogames based on them though lol (including Commodore Amiga), and enjoyed the TinTin movie despite it's toned-down 3D.
i loved the commodore amiga. one of the best systems i ever played games on.

the blurays released in netherlands and france do not have a english audio track. dutch version has french, flemish and dutch audio, and subtitles.

i think everybody will like the movie, kids adults a like. it is very accesible for everyone. just like tintin, asterix and obelix are one of the most popular comics in europe. even if your not in the asterix and obelix comics i think adults enjoy it, because of the adult war theme in it.

same for tintin. adults love tintin for the adult story in it, kids like it for the action. you like tintin you like asterix and obelix. at least for me that counts :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts