Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for stability.

Starting with Default BIOS setting.

Should I change the following?

System Performance Setting [Normal]

AGP Mode [1X]

Graphics Aperature Size [8MB]

Video ROM BIOS Shadow [Disabled]

Any other BIOS settings would be appreciated (and why)

Thanks!

------------------

ASUS A7V133 (Bios 1004, 4in1 4.24.2)

AMD 850 TBird

128 mB PC133

Radeon LE (7075)

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Start with the latest ASUS BIOS first of all. I believe the A7V133's latest is 1002A2. The A7V needs the proper BIOS to run well, or else you'll just end up chasing your tail over many small (or not so small) problems. After you flash the latest BIOS, reset the BIOS settings to their default settings and restart the CPU.

The best site I've found for A7V (and A7V133) help is Juggernaut's A7V Troubleshooting site. These guys definitely know about all of the A7V's ins and outs, and can help you out a great deal. They sure helped me straighten my set up out when I needed it. Read over the past posts there and see what you can find!

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/

·
Registered
292 Posts
Be sure to realize there are two A7V motherboards. (more than that really but two main ones) the KT133 (200mhz FSB) and the KT1333A (200/266 FSB) boards. The regular A7V's current bios is ver. 1007. Also be sure to update the promise onboard IDE controller (build 33 as of today) and the latest VIA 4in1 drivers from VIA's website.

------------------

David.. "It must be weird to be normal"

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi David:

___The A7V133 is a KT133A chipset board whereas the A7V uses the KT133 chipset. As for the BIOS’, the official A7V133 BIOS is the 1004’s. The Official VIA released 4-in-1’s are the 4.29’s but the 4-in-1 4.31’s available from VIA Hardware (supposedly these are the final 4-in-1’s from VIA?) solve the KT133(A) 686B Southbridge IDE/Live SC issues.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.