AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there AVS Forum community!


My name is Jeremy and I am from the newly developed Customer Loyalty team from ASUS. I am here to hopefully help you out in anything you need from questions and comments, to RMAs and repairs. You can think of me as a customer service rep that is dedicated to these forums!


I currently focus on monitors, graphics cards, wireless networking, and audio cards so I thought that I should drop in to the HTPC group to introduce myself first. Please feel free to ask me about anything about Asus products and I will do my best to answer them for you!


Thanks!,

Jeremy

ASUS Customer Loyalty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,442 Posts
Trying to score a new MoBo?


Jeremy.. Thanks for popping into avsforum's HTPC section. Nothing better than a manufacturer's rep for getting good information on your products.
 
  • Like
Reactions: koopman

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22165588


Trying to score a new MoBo?

Jeremy.. Thanks for popping into avsforum's HTPC section. Nothing better than a manufacturer's rep for getting good information on your products.

It doesn't hurt to try!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Hi Jeremy,


I could use some help. I recently bought this motherboard: P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Z68 ATX and I'm trying to get the latest drivers. I already have the latest drivers from Asus website. I'm trying to solve a few problems:


1. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and when I resume my PC from sleep, I can access the internet fine but after a minute, I lose the connection. I can't ping my router. The connection is restored after another minute. I was able to solve my problem by going to Realtek's website and downloading the latest PCIe driver for the network chip. The Asus version on the website was 9-12 months old.


Why doesn't ASUS have newer drivers on the website? When I get home, I will post the exact version that I'm using of the Realtek's driver.


2. I use Microsoft Lync and I'm having issues with the audio. After I call someone, they can hear me fine but after 15 seconds, my voice drops out. I still can hear them fine. I'm trying to update the sound drivers. I'm having trouble with Realtek's website to locate newer drivers. Do you have any suggestions?


3. I use the Microsoft Ergonomic 7000 wireless keyboard. I put the computer to sleep and then sometime later, it wakes up on its own. Powercfg -lastwake says it's the USB controller. I figured it might be that someone bumps the table and so I disabled the sleep wakeup for the mouse. But if I move the mouse, it still wakes up the computer. So I have to disable the sleep wakeup for the keyboard. I'm thinking that I need to update the drivers. Which ones? I think it's AS Media DXCI driver?


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I just got home and it turns out that the sleep/lan issue is still present even with the latest Realtek's driver. Bummer.

Jeremy sent me a PM suggesting that I contact his motherboard expert person named Benson. I plan to do that once I've updated a few drivers and try a few other things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
I just had a miserable experience with a pair of P8Z77-V PRO boards. The first one shot sparks and destroyed a video card when I started it. It had been running and functioning properly up till the point I put this known good card in. I must have screwed up the CPU pins trying to get the cover on. So they would not accept it when I tried to return it. and I ended up having to eat it. So I think okay, everybody has an occasional problem. So I buy another one. I spend a lot of time getting things installed and all my cables run properly. I fire it up and it won't boot. Turns out it doesn't like my ram. I just thought I had bad ram. I'd just had a bad board why not some bad ram to go along with it. Later on I ended up trying it in another board and it worked fine. So I tried other ram in the Asus board. Three different set of known good ram. Two of the sets from the QVL list. Guess what none of it would run at rated speed. So I get to break down the computer again, at least this time I managed to return it.


I build a lot of systems for myself and others. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a computer. When I contacted your customer service I do not feel that I received an appropriate response. Perhaps you can sway my opinion on your company. At this point I will never buy another one of your products, I will never recommend one of your products, and I will attempt to dissuade others from purchasing your products. This is as much from what I feel was poor customer service as the problems that caused me to contact them. Every company has problems. What I think sets companies that I will give my money to apart is their willingness to stand behind their products. The reason you're here is for PR more than anything I'd imagine. This would be a good opportunity to get some good PR, and help counteract the negative opinion I have of your company. Again this is largely because of your customer service, not because of your products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@duff99, I sincerely apologize for experience with your P8Z77-V Pro boards. Please know that should you or anybody else encounter difficulties you can contact me personally at [email protected] so that I can either help you or get you into contact with someone on my team who can. We have reps who specialize in certain fields (like Benson on motherboards) so that you don't take the chance of a customer service rep who takes on general cases. For your case in specific, you could have contacted me and I would have referred you to Benson who could have helped you out personally.


Yes, you could say that I am here for PR, but good customer service is the best kind of PR you can get. Just give me and my team a chance to help you out and I am sure you will see an improvement over our previous Asus customer service reputation.


Thank you,

Jeremy

ASUS Customer Loyalty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
I love ASUS boards and have used dozens in various builds from HTPCs to office PCs to school PCs.


My only nit with them all is that they blink the power LED in S3 sleep. AFAICT, there is no option in the BIOS to turn the LED off for S3 sleep. If this could be corrected, feedback given to the engineering team, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. This is especially important for HTPC, which has made its way into the bedroom. In a dark room, even the dimmest blinking LED can be obnoxious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22165746


Hi Jeremy,

I could use some help. I recently bought this motherboard: P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Z68 ATX and I'm trying to get the latest drivers. I already have the latest drivers from Asus website. I'm trying to solve a few problems:

1. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and when I resume my PC from sleep, I can access the internet fine but after a minute, I lose the connection. I can't ping my router. The connection is restored after another minute. I was able to solve my problem by going to Realtek's website and downloading the latest PCIe driver for the network chip. The Asus version on the website was 9-12 months old.

Why doesn't ASUS have newer drivers on the website? When I get home, I will post the exact version that I'm using of the Realtek's driver.
2. I use Microsoft Lync and I'm having issues with the audio. After I call someone, they can hear me fine but after 15 seconds, my voice drops out. I still can hear them fine. I'm trying to update the sound drivers. I'm having trouble with Realtek's website to locate newer drivers. Do you have any suggestions?

3. I use the Microsoft Ergonomic 7000 wireless keyboard. I put the computer to sleep and then sometime later, it wakes up on its own. Powercfg -lastwake says it's the USB controller. I figured it might be that someone bumps the table and so I disabled the sleep wakeup for the mouse. But if I move the mouse, it still wakes up the computer. So I have to disable the sleep wakeup for the keyboard. I'm thinking that I need to update the drivers. Which ones? I think it's AS Media DXCI driver?

Thanks.

I'm still working through my issues. I'm glad that #2 is resolved. It seems that the problem was the microphone configuration was set to echo back my voice to the headset. I guess this caused an issue for Lync.


For #1, I had ordered an Intel NIC and will try it out once it comes in.


For #3, I'm going to try reinstalling the drivers. I tried the keyboard on a different computer and it worked as expected. That is, disabling the mouse's ability to wake the computer from sleep works. Ditto for enabling the mouse and disabling the keyboard also led to the right behavior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Jeremy,


I understand this is probably a strange question, but can you tell me what if any relationship there is between Asus and AsRock? Are they part of the same company, or did they used to be part of the same company? (and if so, do you do AsRock customer service too, or is the customer service entirely separate?) Or are the two companies completely unrelated now?


I've read various things and it's never been clear to me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,556 Posts

Quote:
The first one shot sparks and destroyed a video card when I started it. It had been running and functioning properly up till the point I put this known good card in. I must have screwed up the CPU pins trying to get the cover on.

What 's a 'cpu cover'? what does it have to do with installing a video card?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff99  /t/1417452/asus-introductions/0_50#post_22166080


I just had a miserable experience with a pair of P8Z77-V PRO boards. The first one shot sparks and destroyed a video card when I started it. It had been running and functioning properly up till the point I put this known good card in. I must have screwed up the CPU pins trying to get the cover on. So they would not accept it when I tried to return it. and I ended up having to eat it. So I think okay, everybody has an occasional problem. So I buy another one. I spend a lot of time getting things installed and all my cables run properly. I fire it up and it won't boot. Turns out it doesn't like my ram. I just thought I had bad ram. I'd just had a bad board why not some bad ram to go along with it. Later on I ended up trying it in another board and it worked fine. So I tried other ram in the Asus board. Three different set of known good ram. Two of the sets from the QVL list. Guess what none of it would run at rated speed. So I get to break down the computer again, at least this time I managed to return it.

I build a lot of systems for myself and others. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a computer. When I contacted your customer service I do not feel that I received an appropriate response. Perhaps you can sway my opinion on your company. At this point I will never buy another one of your products, I will never recommend one of your products, and I will attempt to dissuade others from purchasing your products. This is as much from what I feel was poor customer service as the problems that caused me to contact them. Every company has problems. What I think sets companies that I will give my money to apart is their willingness to stand behind their products. The reason you're here is for PR more than anything I'd imagine. This would be a good opportunity to get some good PR, and help counteract the negative opinion I have of your company. Again this is largely because of your customer service, not because of your products.

Wow, sorry you had problems with that board duff99, but I think it's pretty safe to say that you are in a vast minority here at AVS. I've not been here long, but there seems to be a lot of ASUS love in these forums. While I've been building computers for what seems like a long time, I've not built that many. Out of the 12 systems I've personally built, I've used 7 Asus boards and only recently 2 ASRock. The others were EVGA (2), and Intel (1). I consistently recommend ASUS to my coworkers, because Asus and Intel were boards I'd never worry about if they were going into a build. Other much older and longer-time system builders I work with have exclusively used Asus and Intel for reliability. I've never had to experience their customer service, because everything I've ever used from them always "just works" but stuff happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM64  /t/1417452/asus-introductions/0_50#post_22169040

Quote:
The first one shot sparks and destroyed a video card when I started it. It had been running and functioning properly up till the point I put this known good card in. I must have screwed up the CPU pins trying to get the cover on.
What 's a 'cpu cover'? what does it have to do with installing a video card?

I'd think he's referring to the socket cover that you clamp down after seating the cpu, and not being able to return the motherboard due to it being damaged from this action. (unrelated to video card)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020  /t/1417452/asus-introductions/0_50#post_22168930


Jeremy,

I understand this is probably a strange question, but can you tell me what if any relationship there is between Asus and AsRock? Are they part of the same company, or did they used to be part of the same company? (and if so, do you do AsRock customer service too, or is the customer service entirely separate?) Or are the two companies completely unrelated now?

I've read various things and it's never been clear to me.

Same here, too lazy to research it. What's the relation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Hi Jeremy,

A few questions on the new Asus Zenbook Primes. First, do you have ship dates for them? Also, can you please clarify which units come with TPM? I'm having a hard time finding that out, and Asus Customer Care did not know when I called. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Hi,


I really like Asus motherboards and video cards. In fact, my current HTPC is mainly using Asus parts with great quality. Based on that, I recently bought an ultrabook - the Zenbook UX31 - and I am really disappointed with it. While the screen resolution is great and the hardware spec is OK, the keyboard quality is just poor. As you can find by just running a google search, keys don't register unless you hit them hard and at the center. This is just impossible to happen 100% of the times when you type fast.


The issue with the Zenbook keyboard makes me wonder what quality should I expect from the upcoming Transformer Prime tablet. I wonder if Asus has any plans to fix the Zenbook keyboard.


Thanks

Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22169140


Wow, sorry you had problems with that board duff99, but I think it's pretty safe to say that you are in a vast minority here at AVS. I've not been here long, but there seems to be a lot of ASUS love in these forums. While I've been building computers for what seems like a long time, I've not built that many. Out of the 12 systems I've personally built, I've used 7 Asus boards and only recently 2 ASRock. The others were EVGA (2), and Intel (1). I consistently recommend ASUS to my coworkers, because Asus and Intel were boards I'd never worry about if they were going into a build. Other much older and longer-time system builders I work with have exclusively used Asus and Intel for reliability. I've never had to experience their customer service, because everything I've ever used from them always "just works" but stuff happens



I'd think he's referring to the socket cover that you clamp down after seating the cpu, and not being able to return the motherboard due to it being damaged from this action. (unrelated to video card)

I've got one other Asus board but have never had to deal with their customer support before. I wasn't happy with this experience. I'll say that my one experience with Gigabyte's customer support was excellent. I had one of their first x58 boards from quite a few years ago. That was the system that was replaced by the new Ivy Bridge system. I wanted to run ESXi on it and the bios didn't support VT-d. I e-mailed them and they sent me a special bios that enabled VT-d right away. No questions, no that's an older board, just here you go. That makes me want to buy their products again. If the Asus support person had at least attempted to start a dialogue about my problems instead of just telling me I don't know how to install a PCIe card. I couldn't even find a way to reply to them. I understand that all companies have an occasional problem. I accept that and won't necessarily hold it against the company. I was still willing to buy another one of their boards. What I do expect is for a company to stand by their products and try to make their customers happy. This is a fairly high end board so I wouldn't figure it to be the biggest seller in their line up. During my problems with this board I saw two more returned to my MicroCenter. I don't know how many they sold, but at least 4 returned in a week span can't be good. This was a new board so maybe they were just having teething problems. I couldn't risk trying another one when I didn't have any faith in their support. Now I've gotten a reply from Jeremy, apparently his e-mail system cut off most of my lengthy diatribe. So I sent it again. If he can help me out I'm willing to to change my opinion on his company. Until then I'll stick with Gigabyte. I've had no problems with their products, and their customer support went the extra mile to help me out.


The cover I was referring to was the black plastic piece that is sitting on top of the CPU socket. It protects the socket until you remove it to seat the CPU. Gigabyte's basically sit right where the CPU is. You remove the clamp that holds down the CPU and remove it. On this ASUS board it goes on top of the already closed clamp. I paid attention with the second board. I was pissed just trying to put everything back in the box. I'd just lost a video card, and a lot of time. I tried putting the cover under the clamp instead of over it. I must have bent some of the CPU socket pins. That's why they wouldn't let me return it. So that problem wasn't related to the reason I was returning the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22168930


Jeremy,

I understand this is probably a strange question, but can you tell me what if any relationship there is between Asus and AsRock? Are they part of the same company, or did they used to be part of the same company? (and if so, do you do AsRock customer service too, or is the customer service entirely separate?) Or are the two companies completely unrelated now?

I've read various things and it's never been clear to me.

From what I have learned, AsRock started as a sister company to Asus, but we have since broken off and now are competitors. Completely unrelated now
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22169501


Hi Jeremy,

A few questions on the new Asus Zenbook Primes. First, do you have ship dates for them? Also, can you please clarify which units come with TPM? I'm having a hard time finding that out, and Asus Customer Care did not know when I called. Thanks!

Sorry, no ship dates. You probably won't get TPM on the new Zenbook Primes (I could be wrong here). Usually the higher-end B-series models come with TPM, but not the standard models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker  /t/1417452/asus-introductions#post_22168916


I'm still working through my issues. I'm glad that #2 is resolved. It seems that the problem was the microphone configuration was set to echo back my voice to the headset. I guess this caused an issue for Lync.

For #1, I had ordered an Intel NIC and will try it out once it comes in.

For #3, I'm going to try reinstalling the drivers. I tried the keyboard on a different computer and it worked as expected. That is, disabling the mouse's ability to wake the computer from sleep works. Ditto for enabling the mouse and disabling the keyboard also led to the right behavior.

With the Intel card, I had the same issue so it made me suspect the router. Actiontec Support was a joke. They just blamed Windows and told me to stop using sleep mode and my problem will go away. FU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actiontec Support 

Here's the first response:


Resolution:

=========================

Not really a bug, but an affect that sleep\hibernate mode in Windows has always shown. We would suggest disabing the sleep or hibernate mode on your computer. Computers are designed with energy star components that use very minimal electricity and they work better when power saving options are configured to always on.

=========================
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionTec Support 


Here's the second response:

Resolution:

=========================

Sleep hibernate mode are Windows based.

Disable sleep and hibernate mode and the issue will stop.

=========================

You can't follow up your support request. You have to create a new one. Pretty idiotic I have to say. I went to Verizon and got a new router with a newer firmware (Rev E instead of C). It resolved my issue.


For issue number #3, I tried the Microsoft keyboard out on my HTPC which has a Gigabyte motherboard with the Z68 chipset. I have the same issue so I'm suspecting a bug in the Intel C200/Series 6 USB Driver.


So at this point, I don't really have any ASUS issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Hello Jeremy, here is a question for ya (maybe a silly one). I went to register my ASUS GTX670 DirectCU II TOP on the ASUS registration page. When I entered the serial number .. it brought up my model as being the non TOP version (GTX670-DC2-2GD5 instead of GTX670-DC2T-2GD5). Everything on the card itself (and the box) indicates it is the TOP.


How can I be sure though...that serial number bring up the non-TOP version has me a bit worried. I currently do not have it installed while I'm waiting for the ASUS Sabertooth Z77 to land on my front door step.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top