AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Asus P4PE is the first motherboard that doesn't switch off when putting XP into suspend mode.

When hitting suspend, the video turns off and the power light flashes, but all fans remain on.

Is this everyone's experience, or am I doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Check your bios for suspend (STR) options. I think there are options as to what is still powered when in suspend mode.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shokunin - thanks.

I went to BIOS, and sure enough ACPI STR was disabled. So I enabled it, and the fans still do not turn off when in suspend.

The manual says the +5VSB of the PS should have the capacity to provide more than 720mA current.

At the risk of sounding naive, I am not sure what that means. The only +5VSB jumper on the MB is for Keyboard power, unless I am missing something.

Is it possible my PS (Nexus) simply doesn't supply the current?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shamelessly bumping.

Anyone with P4PE tried going into suspend? Do your fans turn off?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Different MB but I had the problem of not having suspend-to-ram enabled in the bios at the time I installed XP. Nothing I could do fixed it (and I sure tried lots of things!). I re-installed XP (with the bios set right this time) and suspend has worked perfect ever since. If you had it disabled in your bios at the time you installed XP, that could be the problem (i.e. non ACPI HAL installed).

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hmmm usually +5vsb are jumpers on the motherboard to supply power to the serial nd USB ports to keep them alive during suspend. As jsl10 mentioned it could be an ACPI issue, which may require a reinstall of XP in order to have the ACPI kernel installed. If you have multiple partitions on your drive you could install a second copy of XP to see if it affects your suspend capabilties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.