AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I try to install any driver other than the very old driver that came on the motherboard CD, the graphics driver BSODs at the end of the install. I then have to boot into safe mode and rollback or install the old version.

I also have the P8H61-I mini-ITX version of this motherboad but that mobo doesn't have this issue.

I am curious, if you own this motherboard, what version of the Intel graphics driver are you running (32-bit or 64-bit, version #, date). That'll help me isolate if this is a problem specific to my system or if others are experiencing this as well. Google, tech forums and the ASUS website haven't shed much light on the issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking through other motherboard reviews, it seems there's some issue with the latest Intel drivers and HDMI? Is this true?

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion
Looking through other motherboard reviews, it seems there's some issue with the latest Intel drivers and HDMI? Is this true?
Yeah this is a huge issue that is well known.

Here.

Assuming you are using 64 bit use this driver . Solves most problems.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have 2GB so I am using Windows 7 32-bit. The BSOD indicates the error is in igdkmd32. Luckily, the version that came on the motherboard CD works ok.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look like I have the .2291 version. That's what came on the motherboard. I did a complete reinstall last night (this was not the only wonkiness), updated to SP1 and got all the other drivers up-to-date. I might just leave it for now. It seems to be fine even if it's 6 months old.

If it ain't broken don't tinker with it I guess.

OT: I've been using the Kingston V100 SSDs in some of my machine. Last night's reinstall I used a MicroCenter G2 SSD. The Kingston V100s would get a 5.9 in WEI which isn't any better than a 7200RPM SATA II (albeit noticeably faster despite the nu,ber) but the MicroCenter got a 7.6. The difference is VERY noticeable. Wow. Not bad for $89.99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.