AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to build a relatively low power mini-itx server build with room for 6 sata HD on the mobo. I am going to use a i3 2100 or 2100T. there are not many choices and I am not much of a Zotac fan.

I found this ASUS P8H67-I that seems to have what I would want but the EGG has discontinued it in what seems like a very short period of time. Makes me wonder if I am missing something.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131709

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

I can source this board from other spots - any reason to purchase this given my component choices.

TIA

·
Registered
342 Posts
It looks nice, but I wonder if more people are opting for the significantly cheaper P8H61-I instead. I don't know that the bluetooth and 802.11n wireless carries a $60 premium for a lot of people, so maybe that is why they discontinued it.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerlin /forum/post/20778118

I found this ASUS P8H67-I that seems to have what I would want but the EGG has discontinued it in what seems like a very short period of time. Makes me wonder if I am missing something.

Probably wasn't all that popular due to the use of laptop/SO-DIMM modules instead of regular desktop DIMM's, not to mention the price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb /forum/post/20778368

It looks nice, but I wonder if more people are opting for the significantly cheaper P8H61-I instead. I don't know that the bluetooth and 802.11n wireless carries a $60 premium for a lot of people, so maybe that is why they discontinued it.

True - if it had 6 sata ports it would be a better choice, but it only has 4. I bet it makes a fine HTPC board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.