File this one under "Cool stuff I saw at CES 2018"

ASUS showed off its ProArt PQ22UC, which at first glance appears to be a  very good, but typical monitor. And then you lift it off the stand and realize it's an 8.5mm thick (or thin, really), 4K OLED with HDR10 compatibility—that's powered by a USB-C connection which can also carry the video signal.

The PQ22UC also offers HDMI input, and then you look at the picture this thing is capable of producing—with 99% coverage of the DCI/P3 gamut—you quickly realize it represents a whole new product category.

The ASUS ProArt PQ22UC is is the first reference-quality portable OLED display that I am aware of. Check out the brief video I made while visiting the ASUS suite at the Wynn hotel during CES 2018 in Las Vegas. Gary Key, the senior technical marketing manager at ASUS North America takes you through the PQ22UC's main features.
My first thought upon seeing the The PQ22UC was that it makes for a really great way to enjoy gaming and movies while wearing headphones and listening to virtual surround-sound. This cool new portable monitor is slated to ship in Q3 of 2018 and pricing will be announced at that time.