AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am considering purchasing two of these units....... using one as a bridge to take full advantage of the streaming capacity at both frequencies.

I don't know much about WIFI and networking so I have a question, if my DSL is only pumping out a fraction of what the 68U is capable of and I'm only going to use it to stream to one TV why would I want the 68U and not something closer (and cheaper) to what my DSL is capable of?

thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I bought two ASUS RT-AC68U routers and upgraded all my notebooks to 802.11ac. I absolutely recommend them. WiFi reaches all areas of my three story 3000sqf house. Many areas have 200mbps+ throughput, adjoining rooms get 800mbps connect (max client connect speed). Has been rock solid. I too stream Blu-Ray ISOs from my NAS without stutter or other issues. Apparently there's experimental support for USB 3.0 hubs. At some time I'll try hooking up my DAS devices (three 4-bay USB enclosures) to the router. In theory, I might be able to eliminate the NAS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought two ASUS RT-AC68U routers and upgraded all my notebooks to 802.11ac. I absolutely recommend them. WiFi reaches all areas of my three story 3000sqf house. Many areas have 200mbps+ throughput, adjoining rooms get 800mbps connect (max client connect speed). Has been rock solid. I too stream Blu-Ray ISOs from my NAS without stutter or other issues. Apparently there's experimental support for USB 3.0 hubs. At some time I'll try hooking up my DAS devices (three 4-bay USB enclosures) to the router. In theory, I might be able to eliminate the NAS.
how did you upgrade your notebooks ? Did you inset pci express card ac capable ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.