AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a ASUS RT-AC68U and a PCE-AC68 and i am thrilled that i can stream bluray from the NAS upstairs to the HTPC downstairs wirelessly!

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts

Great Unit ! I am streaming 30-40 gigs files wirelessy and I have no problem playing them with HD audio on the 2,4 ghz band. C'ant wait for 5ghz and AC clients !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am considering purchasing two of these units....... using one as a bridge to take full advantage of the streaming capacity at both frequencies.

I don't know much about WIFI and networking so I have a question, if my DSL is only pumping out a fraction of what the 68U is capable of and I'm only going to use it to stream to one TV why would I want the 68U and not something closer (and cheaper) to what my DSL is capable of?

thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
bigger is better. The more speed available you have the more you can handle without drop outs. You may have connected only two sources now, but you may need more tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I bought two ASUS RT-AC68U routers and upgraded all my notebooks to 802.11ac. I absolutely recommend them. WiFi reaches all areas of my three story 3000sqf house. Many areas have 200mbps+ throughput, adjoining rooms get 800mbps connect (max client connect speed). Has been rock solid. I too stream Blu-Ray ISOs from my NAS without stutter or other issues. Apparently there's experimental support for USB 3.0 hubs. At some time I'll try hooking up my DAS devices (three 4-bay USB enclosures) to the router. In theory, I might be able to eliminate the NAS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought two ASUS RT-AC68U routers and upgraded all my notebooks to 802.11ac. I absolutely recommend them. WiFi reaches all areas of my three story 3000sqf house. Many areas have 200mbps+ throughput, adjoining rooms get 800mbps connect (max client connect speed). Has been rock solid. I too stream Blu-Ray ISOs from my NAS without stutter or other issues. Apparently there's experimental support for USB 3.0 hubs. At some time I'll try hooking up my DAS devices (three 4-bay USB enclosures) to the router. In theory, I might be able to eliminate the NAS.
how did you upgrade your notebooks ? Did you inset pci express card ac capable ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts