AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should get the juices flowing. I was just informed by an AT&T CSR that the HD rollout for the Chicago area is now scheduled for May, 2003.

I'm waiting for a callback from a supervisor to confirm, and will post the information as soon as it is available.

Mike K.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may not be as bad as it first seemed. Got to talk to a guy who is involved with the rollout. Testing has gone well. Current hang up is actually tied in to the Comcast merger and agreements to provide programming.

He said there will be channel revisions coming in the February timeframe that will bring AT&T customers and Comcast customers in line. The HD rollout could be around that same time.

I will post if I find out more.

Mike K.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek747
Current hang up is actually tied in to the Comcast merger and agreements to provide programming.

Mike K.
Sorry but that sounds a bit strange. Is Comcast saying that even through they may have an agreement to carry their NTSC signal they need to go back and get agreement to carry their DTV signal also???

I also assume that the 5/2003 date is only for systems on fiber and the rest of us folks that have waited years for our systems to be upgrade are still SOL?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.