AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
From AT&T:

Quote:
We're always listening to customers and working to make sure we're delivering the channels they want, while keeping costs down. The price tag for ESPN 3D was too high, especially considering the low demand we've seen from customers. We've decided not to renew our agreement for ESPN 3D. For our customers who subscribe to the U-verse 3D Technology package, it will be automatically removed from their bills and any charges after the channel has been removed will be credited.

We continue to add new channels and content that our customers want. We offer several 3D titles today in our U-verse Movies library, and we'll look to deliver more 3D channels and content, at a reasonable cost, as more of our customers purchase 3DTVs and tell us they want it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG /forum/post/20765345

Maybe they shouldn't have charged $10 for that one channel.

I think this is how a lot of subs felt, in light of the fact neither DirecTV or Comcast charge anything for ESPN 3D.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/20766406

I wouldn't bet on it, as they are getting rid of their 3D Package too. I decided to drop UVerse and move to D*. $41.99 for the first year for practically the same features

I moved a few months ago, and had to switch from UVerse to D*. A couple of days ago, there was a UVerse truck parked right in front of my house. The guy told me that their database must have been wrong -- they've actually had service to my street for a couple of years.

Same features? I vastly prefer the HD channel selection UVerse has to what D* offers.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs /forum/post/20766469

I moved a few months ago, and had to switch from UVerse to D*. A couple of days ago, there was a UVerse truck parked right in front of my house. The guy told me that their database must have been wrong -- they've actually had service to my street for a couple of years.

Same features? I vastly prefer the HD channel selection UVerse has to what D* offers.

I'll give you that, although I only watch about 6 or 7 channels, so it doesn't matter to me, so I'd rather have the 3D content available (although I'll probably never watch it
)...

Like any provider choice, it's a personal preference based on what people watch. No one is right or wrong.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/20769307

I'll give you that, although I only watch about 6 or 7 channels, so it doesn't matter to me, so I'd rather have the 3D content available (although I'll probably never watch it
)...

Like any provider choice, it's a personal preference based on what people watch. No one is right or wrong.

D* is the only available service in my community that does not offer 100% of the local metro broadcasters in HD. I live in a valley with HOA rules preventing mounting those types of antennas on your roof so I cannot pull them off the air. Contrary to what you say, that is just wrong.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsterdam360 /forum/post/20769376

If we can get enough people to call and complain maybe they will bring the channel back into the Uverse Channel lineup.

For an extra $10 they can keep it. Unless they add more 3D channels its not worth it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.