AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Physical Description:

"The Steinmusic Harmonizers are 5 x 5 x 4 inch piano black cubes that are powered by a 9 volt battery or by the supplied wall wart power supply (the battery offers better performance and makes for easier positioning). on the back, there is a power switch, a switch to power on/off the blue LED on the front of the unit and an Intensity knob."

What they do:

"The PDF Steinmusic manual for the Harmonizers describes their function as "elongating the air molecules" - i.e. "charging" the air in the listening room in a manner that facilitates the transmission of musical energy through the room. It seems to be suggesting that this charging of the air molecules means that when the speaker output enters the listening room space it does not have to overcome the inertia of uncharged/un-elongated air in the room."

Price: $1,100 up to $3,999

http://www.tweekgeek.com/_e/dept/03-027/SteinMusic.htm

·
Registered
17,939 Posts
I'm amazed the website offers Luxman and others ..

·
Registered
421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie /forum/post/20809177

Yah...saw a review of this in a recent Stereophile...got me wondering what's happening with the magazine...

Tho i always enjoyed reading about and looking at the great equipment in their magazine, it has always promoted off the wall/snake oil type things. Remember the 2 coins on the front edge of speakers tweak? at least it didn't cost much.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie /forum/post/20809177

Yah...saw a review of this in a recent Stereophile...got me wondering what's happening with the magazine...

Without even looking, that's got to be Jason Serinus. He's the equivalent to a newspaper's astrology column.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Tellig?

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20810734

That's not a review but a show report. I am referring to the September issue.

A review with measurements?

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Shorter Serinus: If you can't explain how something works, then you can't say that it doesn't.

Come to think of it, that would make a great motto for Stereophile in general.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_bottom /forum/post/20811803

Sometimes I picture future audiophiles in elementary school telling their teacher, "You cannot prove that my dog did not eat my homework".

In that case, we need to bring back corporal punishment.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20810795

Aren't they unnecessary?

I wonder if it's more effective than this?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess what bothers me is that if you take people's money and claim an ordinary ionizer (which is what this thing appears to be) cures the heartache of psoriasis the Feds will shut you down and even put you in jail. Heck, even Bernie Maddox eventually got busted. But if you just take their money (which they may need for health insurance if not actual health care) with an equally silly claim about an audio product you are just considered a smart capitalist and wished godspeed. Of course "caveat emptor" should always be the guiding rule. But if Stereophile actually publicized these things without giving them the two thumbs down they deserve, them shame on Stereophile.

1 - 20 of 747 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.