AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any know if there is any way besides using another UTV to remove the ATA3 password setting. I recently tried to upgrade my Sony with a MAXTOR DX540X-4K. Had ata3 security supported so i figured i would give it a try. Well starts up and tried to dial in, get to second dial up (local number) starts to connect, then hangs....got flashing yellow and solid green LEDs. Figured drive must not be compatible, no biggie except now it is locked with maximum security according to IBM DFT 3.40. I cant even get it to go back into PC. I did the same with a 7200rpm 120G by Maxtor, and are in same boat. Both drives are locked, and Maxtor's Powermax, and MaxBlast don't see either drive because the BIOS doesn't. IBM DFT sees it, but wont zerofill because there not IBM drives. Any one know how to unlock either of these drives. I can RMA them, but hate to....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gooman
Any know if there is any way besides using another UTV to remove the ATA3 password setting. I recently tried to upgrade my Sony with a MAXTOR DX540X-4K. Had ata3 security supported so i figured i would give it a try. Well starts up and tried to dial in, get to second dial up (local number) starts to connect, then hangs....got flashing yellow and solid green LEDs. Figured drive must not be compatible, no biggie except now it is locked with maximum security according to IBM DFT 3.40. I cant even get it to go back into PC. I did the same with a 7200rpm 120G by Maxtor, and are in same boat. Both drives are locked, and Maxtor's Powermax, and MaxBlast don't see either drive because the BIOS doesn't. IBM DFT sees it, but wont zerofill because there not IBM drives. Any one know how to unlock either of these drives. I can RMA them, but hate to....

Your problem is the infamous hang-when-connecting-to-local-number issue. The solution involves yanking the phone cord after it dials the non-working number to get it to try a different number or you can call DTV and have them switch the local numbers that your UTV calls. Search the forum for details on both resolutions.

Clip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you or anyone get the Maxtor to work? I just purchased a Maxtor 120GB 7200 RPM drive that I haven't tried to use yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.